Current freshmen impact next season

onenation

Jun 23, 2012
Iowa
This past 2012 class was the first time I started really following the recruiting at isu. This class is loaded with stars (take it for what it's worth) but definitley a lot of talent. That being said, I'm curious to see which players you think will hit the field next season and have an impact.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
@ most 1 freshmen. The juco's may be a different story. I think Coe will redshirt, i know ISU needs dline help but i don't think hes ready. The others are a toss-up.

Edit-Sorry read that wrong.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Definitely Dondre Daley, and hopefully P.J. Harris. It would be great of Big Dawg Williams is healthy as well. :biggrin:

And if Grant Rohach beats out Sam Richardson, well...

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
What happened with Duaron Williams this year? I was really looking forward to seeing him recover from that injury. Is he going to be able to dominate next year?

Reactions: Aclone

onenation

Jun 23, 2012
Iowa
Don't see how Charlie Rogers won't see time next season. Another guy I'm excited for is Luke knott, I hear hes a lot like his brother, and if thats true then get him on the field ASAP. Devlyn cousin already had the size coming into camp, so I see him on the line next year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I always forget about Mutcherson. I think him and Charlie Rogers can help us out next year. Hopefully Aka on defense. I also have heard that Bevins is a beast... anyone else hearing that too?

As far as WR goes, Daley is supposed to be the real deal, but if Quan West can come back healthy don't count him out either. He looked the most physically ready of the freshmen WRs before he was injured IMO.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Nick Fett, 6'7" 275 rsFr(in 2013) OL

A walkon? You're picking a walkon to have an impact next year? And at a position where you usually need 2-3 years of development before you're ready to see the field, even if you're a scholarship player? You must be Fett's dad or something, but I don't think a redshirt freshman walkon OL is going to have an impact next year, especially with the players we have coming back on the line. And with the freshmen OLs we have coming in, he'd have to be pretty special to see playing time beyond next year.