Current freshmen impact next season

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What was big dawgs injury? I know quan's ACL obviously but I thought I heard that another freshman was having knee problems. Big dawg seems like the real deal. I think he'll make second string next season.
That would be Duaron. CPR mentioned on his call-in show that Williams "didn't go through the same rehab they do here", and might need something done after the season.

Brackens was hurt? Is he the backup for both positions?
No, Broomfield and Cotton are the backups to Washington. Brackens has been out the past several games, for some reason.

Here's my guess:

Aka - Potential starter, sure two-deep player
Bevins - Rotation at DE
Burton - Not in 2 deep
Cousin - Rotation at NG
Daley - Second string, will see some PT.
Dunning - Not in 2 deep
Harris - Not in 2 deep
Knott - Starter at WILL LB
Lawrey - Not in 2 deep
Meyers - Rotation at DT
Mutcherson - Not in 2 deep
Netten - 2nd string K
Rogers - If he is staying, he will compete to start at CB. I think he can beat out Stokes and Lynn, Thomas and Richardson haven't done much to impress so far.
Rohach - Competition to start at QB, but I think SR beats him out
Seeley - 2nd string LB
West - 2nd string WR
White - 2nd string LB
Williams - 2nd string OL
Bevins. Aka, Mitchell and Couisin: CPR has mentioned that all four of these guys will wind up inside. And while Aka is up to 290, Cousin is down to 270, the same weight he said Bevins was, back in October.

Daley and Harris: He's also been high on both of these guys. With four seniors departing, I'd expect lots of guys to see time on the field.

Williams: I think that a lot depends on his knee. If they have to do another procedure, hopefully that will clear it up.

The rest, I'll just say that I'll be looking forward to seeing at the Spring game.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think DB and DL are the best spots for one of the young guys to start, also, WR is still an open competition, losing Lenz and Horne will leave a couple holes, Bundrage looks to fill one of those, the other...who knows. I think this class will have a huge impact as sophs, but a lot guys will get good experience next season on special teams and in the 2 deep.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think DB and DL are the best spots for one of the young guys to start, also, WR is still an open competition, losing Lenz and Horne will leave a couple holes, Bundrage looks to fill one of those, the other...who knows. I think this class will have a huge impact as sophs, but a lot guys will get good experience next season on special teams and in the 2 deep.

I bet Bundrage, West and a freshman start the first game next year with Gary not starting. I really like Gary but he kind of started to regress a little.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I've hear Grant was the best QB on the team, but obviously redshirted because he was a freshman. Similar to Richardson, I heard if he knew the offense he could have won the competition to start the year. So Grant also might not be ready next year like Sam wasn't to start this year.

Also have heard Mutcherson is the best safety prospect this staff has had here... I personally think Rogers is right up there too, but at CB.

It's also not a matter of if Bevins will be a monster, but when.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I've hear Grant was the best QB on the team, but obviously redshirted because he was a freshman. Similar to Richardson, I heard if he knew the offense he could have won the competition to start the year. So Grant also might not be ready next year like Sam wasn't to start this year.

Also have heard Mutcherson is the best safety prospect this staff has had here... I personally think Rogers is right up there too, but at CB.

It's also not a matter of if Bevins will be a monster, but when.

That's EXACTLY what i'm hearing as well. Same as Aka!