Concern for next year

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Will be interesting to see based on that how much of a penalty Hoiberg gives Nadel for his DUI. Last Kansas guy to get a DUI missed 9 games and he was at least above the legal drinking age.

Kansas. Most disciplined team in the nation when it comes to off the court incidents. Who cares?

I don't think it will be all that "interesting." Iowa State will hold Nader out for 1 or 2 games for a DUI - right on par with a majority of similar situations across college players around the nation like Janny said:

Hanner Mosquera-Perea from Indiana got two games. Justin Drummond from Toledo got one. Trey Zeigler from Pitt got 2 games a couple years ago. Tyler Olander from UConn got zero.

Here's a few more.

2011-Chad Adams, New Mexico, 2 games. (Alford talked tough and originally said he'd sit 4. Only sat 2 in the end)
2011-Chance Stanback, UNLV, 1 game suspension.
2011- Jamaal Franklin SDSU, 1 game suspension.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
One of the few longer was to some chump from KU, but not really the same given KU was a program running amuck with violence and needed an example to be set. Now, had our basketball team just had a breakout of assuslts like KU, I have little doubt Fred would give him more.

Yeah, I thought that suspension longer suspension was right after - and I mean right after - the brawl between KU BB and FB players where the teams essentially exausted their get out of jail free cards.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I think I made my point, which is that I wonder if Hoiberg will have the stones to suspend a guy for more than a few games like he should even though the guy is slated to be a starter and McKay isn't available until after first semester. I don't think a two game slap on the wrist is enough.

So, so lame.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
What's fair then?

Hanner Mosquera-Perea from Indiana got two games. Justin Drummond from Toledo got one. Trey Zeigler from Pitt got 2 games a couple years ago. Tyler Olander from UConn got zero.

I'm having a tough time finding many penalties longer than a couple of games, for DUI arrests. So, what's your basis for thinking that Nader's punishment should be significantly more than those?

Good points Janny. But no need to justify ourselves to twocoach. I have a feeling he thinks Nader should be kicked off the team and immediately eligible for transfer to Lawrence.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Will be interesting to see based on that how much of a penalty Hoiberg gives Nadel for his DUI. Last Kansas guy to get a DUI missed 9 games and he was at least above the legal drinking age.

It's a good thing you are a Kansas fan then. Worry about your team and Hoiberg will worry about ours.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Nader shouldn't miss any regular season games. Make him run extra, not a big deal.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I think I made my point, which is that I wonder if Hoiberg will have the stones to suspend a guy for more than a few games like he should even though the guy is slated to be a starter and McKay isn't available until after first semester. I don't think a two game slap on the wrist is enough.

You're a piece of work. Are we supposed to care what your opinion is when you flaunt your KU bias on a rival board? Or are you just trying to self-idolize how big your stones are because you have the nerve to come over here and question our coach?

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
Nixon would be jealous of the stuff Self and KU get away with.

They did not get away with the recruiting violations. They were punished for them. To say that the article is a bit loose with the facts would be putting it mildly. Entertaining read, though.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
They did not get away with the recruiting violations. They were punished for them. To say that the article is a bit loose with the facts would be putting it mildly. Entertaining read, though.

You absolutely cannot deny the Mario Chalmers recruitment and how sketchy it was. It is worse than what UNLV is doing for Rashad Vaughn or Seton Hall and Isaiah Whitehead.