COMMIT: Marcedus Leech, 2019 SF

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
At time of committing, "Stud" Tyrese Haliburton 6'5'' weighed 160 lbs. and has had a lot less weight shaming.

View attachment 57867
I know that I’m not trendy and all that, but I didn’t realize that discussing someone’s weight, and expecting them to put on pounds as they mature qualified as “shaming”.

Maybe I just have an odd definition of “shame”?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I know that I’m not trendy and all that, but I didn’t realize that discussing someone’s weight, and expecting them to put on pounds as they mature qualified as “shaming”.

Maybe I just have an odd definition of “shame”?
IRONY! Skinny fit people now getting weight shamed!? I don't think so. (Unless you are doubling up in an ironic effort yourself).

• Winner
Reactions: heitclone

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
He definitely has the highest ceiling of any guy we've gotten recently

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So what is everybody's expectation on this guy as a freshman?

A true high 4* or 5* guy -- instant starter, essentially does something like replace Wigginton at the SG spot or Weiler-Babb as a starting combo guard/wing?

Or something more modest than that?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
When we're debating if the former 5*,who couldn't really work out due to injury and is 17 years old's legs are too skinny, I think the program is in a pretty good spot. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't remember a ton of stories about a guy who was a stud but just couldn't make it due to having skinny legs.

• Funny
Reactions: Peter and brycy

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames

A true high 4* or 5* guy -- instant starter, essentially does something like replace Wigginton at the SG spot or Weiler-Babb as a starting combo guard/wing?

Really a tough one to predict. Was he a true 5 star level prospect before he was injured or was he just ranked that high early because it seemed like he was going to keep developing and just didn’t progress like he was supposed to? Depends on what else is added but I’m going to predict a Terrence Lewis level freshman season.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Really a tough one to predict. Was he a true 5 star level prospect before he was injured or was he just ranked that high early because it seemed like he was going to keep developing and just didn’t progress like he was supposed to? Depends on what else is added but I’m going to predict a Terrence Lewis level freshman season.
Go look at his tape from before the injury. He was one of the top 16 year olds on the planet.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I still like Terrence Lewis long-term as a Cyclone. Maybe not as much next year, but a lot of playing time at the wing is going to open up the year after from graduations.

But Terrence really struggled on defense last year, even towards the end of the season, and was inconsistent with his outside shot, which is supposed to be his signature talent coming into college. The guy was supposed to be the next great Cyclone sniper.

He showed some flashes late in the season, but he never really got it going.

If Leech comes in like that as a freshman, on a team that is likely to be much better than the one that Terrence struggled to really make an impact on, then it is going to be an uphill climb for him and he is going to be way far from coming in as a 5* prospect.

If he were like a Top 30 guy, then he should come in to start.

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012

We shouldn't put to much pressure on him the first year maybe expect 16 and 8 a game. Seems reasonable.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I still like Terrence Lewis long-term as a Cyclone. Maybe not as much next year, but a lot of playing time at the wing is going to open up the year after from graduations.

But Terrence really struggled on defense last year, even towards the end of the season, and was inconsistent with his outside shot, which is supposed to be his signature talent coming into college. The guy was supposed to be the next great Cyclone sniper.

He showed some flashes late in the season, but he never really got it going.

If Leech comes in like that as a freshman, on a team that is likely to be much better than the one that Terrence struggled to really make an impact on, then it is going to be an uphill climb for him and he is going to be way far from coming in as a 5* prospect.

If he were like a Top 30 guy, then he should come in to start.

He shot 10/22 the last 5 games of the season in which he played. I think he got it going pretty well.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He shot 10/22 the last 5 games of the season in which he played. I think he got it going pretty well.

I agree, Lewis finished strong, which makes me bullish on his future.

But I think you have to judge the year in its totality nonetheless.

I would hope Leech has a better freshman season than that one.

Help Support Us

Become a patron