Chizik Fired

Apr 19, 2006
So does this hurt the value of all those Chizik coins and Chiz Rags? :smile: Ha ha

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Good to see Auburn was "firmly entrenched" with the Chiz.

shame1.jpg

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Dear Gene Chiz,

Really so sorry that they fired you. We were so proud that you won five games for us when we were down. We will always respect you because you are the real deal.

All In Forever,
Iowa State Daily

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So I don't like Cheese Dip more than any other self-respecting Cyclone fan, but objectively speaking does anybody else see this as being way too quick of a trigger from Auburn? I know they were awful this last season, but Cheese Dip did win a national title only two years ago, even if it was with a genius OC and a once in a lifetime talent in Cam Newton.

Now understand I don't feel bad for the guy, but I don't know if Auburn is making the right decision here.

Apr 19, 2006
So I don't like Cheese Dip more than any other self-respecting Cyclone fan, but objectively speaking does anybody else see this as being way too quick of a trigger from Auburn? I know they were awful this last season, but Cheese Dip did win a national title only two years ago, even if it was with a genius OC and a once in a lifetime talent in Cam Newton.

Now understand I don't feel bad for the guy, but I don't know if Auburn is making the right decision here.
Nope just to expand I believe it was the first time ever that Auburn went winless in the conference.

Last edited:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I understand that he didn't have a lot of success on the football field, but how were the Auburn Tigers on the Dodgeball court?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Nope just to expand I believe it was the first time ever that Auburn went winless in the conference.

Plus one of the worst losses ever to Alabama and one of their worst losses period to TAMU.

Not too quick a trigger. Plus i'm sure they know exactly how they got that title (bought and paid for players, plus a stellar OC), so they don't give much credit to chizik for it

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Chizik at auburn was great, lost games, we got to make fun of him, etc. now we might actually have to listen to him if he lands a job at ESPN or worse yet a color guy for broadcast. Please no, this would be worse. Auburn is to blame here, they got what they paid for and then what they deserved. Icing on the cake would be some sanctions and vacations.
I'm hoping if he is in broadcasting he gets CBS Sports to cover third tier games for SEC. I hate to see the man out of work.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
I haven't heard a lot about their recruiting either, so I would imagine that had something to do with the quick trigger.

No big names = nothing in the cupboard for the future

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
I haven't heard a lot about their recruiting either, so I would imagine that had something to do with the quick trigger.

No big names = nothing in the cupboard for the future

I'm thinking violations, sanctions, and vacations. By firing him now the Auburn people get to blame Chiz and still celebrate those accomplishments.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE

National Championship buys you some bad seasons, but not historically bad seasons plus NCAA investigations. He wins a couple of SEC games and makes a minor bowl he's probably back, but 0-8 in SEC for Auburn is a first that can't be overlooked.

Help Support Us

Become a patron