CF All-Decade Basketball Team

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hard to argue with the first team. Some may take issue with Kane, but he'd get my vote because he had such an immediate impact on the floor with that team. At the first game, it was Kane gathering the team together into huddles when they needed it. That stood out to me at the time as somebody who came to have impact and win. Plus, he was the only one to ever keep Morris off the floor! #focustown

• Informative
Reactions: cyched44

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Probably some anti-recency bias in the vote. Take the vote in 5 years and I'll best Halliburton gets better than honorable mention.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Come back next week for CF's All-Decade Mid-Range Jumper Team

I found the perfect picture for you to use for him, too!

879212266.jpg.0.jpg

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Hard to argue with the first team. Some may take issue with Kane, but he'd get my vote because he had such an immediate impact on the floor with that team. At the first game, it was Kane gathering the team together into huddles when they needed it. That stood out to me at the time as somebody who came to have impact and win. Plus, he was the only one to ever keep Morris off the floor! #focustown

The other 4 were obvious, probably 3 or 4 other guys had legit arguments for 1st team.

Dec 16, 2019
Glad McGee made the list. He was the definition of instant offense. He had the confidence to shoot from where ever and made them most of the time. I still remember the ridiculous 3's he made against Kansas during his senior year. There were times when he simply couldn't miss. He'll always be one of my favorite cyclones of all time.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Glad McGee made the list. He was the definition of instant offense. He had the confidence to shoot from where ever and made them most of the time. I still remember the ridiculous 3's he made against Kansas during his senior year. There were times when he simply couldn't miss. He'll always be one of my favorite cyclones of all time.

I always remember that video interview with somebody during practice, you can see Mc3 in the background sinking like 10 straight.
No clue on the vid but if anybody remembers what im talking about feel free to post.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Probably some anti-recency bias in the vote. Take the vote in 5 years and I'll best Halliburton gets better than honorable mention.
It probably has more to do with only having a season plus a few games with him on the team. And he was anything but "the man" on that team last year. I think he will do great things going forward.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Man I miss Hoiball. At least you knew those ISU team had a chance to win any game. It never mattered who the opponent was. Yes, they could lost some stupid games as well, but it was entertaining as hell to watch. Can't say that anymore...which is sad.

It's almost like ISU didn't go 2-1 against a top 15 Kansas, 2-1 against a top 20 K-State, 1-1 vs a top 5 Texas Tech, with a top 20 road win vs Ole Miss a year ago...

Help Support Us

Become a patron