JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'd bet.

For the current Big 12, I've been everywhere (and partied) but OU and Tech for games. I've also either attended a game or just partied in every defector town.

For the Big 10, I've been to games at Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska, but have partied in Madison and Bloomington as well.

Out of that group, Minneapolis and Ft. Worth are major cities that kind of drown their universities out, but are really nice cities. Austin, Madison, and Lincoln are the unique college town/capital/larger city mix and I would rank them in that order. Boulder is in a similar position to those in that it's really connected to a major city and has a bigger time feel.

Waco is a ******* unmitigated dump and has almost no redeeming qualities. The rest are midwest/plains college towns that are more alike than not. They really are kind of a horse a piece in my mind, and I enjoy them all.
Yeah pretty similar view point. Swap your OU for me and Baylor.
I thought A&M was alright, minus the creepy factor. Had a lot of drinks at the Dixie Chicken.
Madison game day is pretty fun but spread out thru the city a little like Austin. Saw them play Bowling Green, students didn't fill their section until second quarter.
Don't know where we're going this year.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Yeah pretty similar view point. Swap your OU for me and Baylor.
I thought A&M was alright, minus the creepy factor. Had a lot of drinks at the Dixie Chicken.
Madison game day is pretty fun but spread out thru the city a little like Austin. Saw them play Bowling Green, students didn't fill their section until second quarter.
Don't know where we're going this year.

Similar thoughts on A&M. Take the cult away, and College Station was similar to Ames, Stillwater, Manhattan. Dixie Chicken felt totally like an Ames bar, and I was in there all night when I went. Even had a disgusting piss soaked bathroom.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Any new bars/restaurants gone into the first floor retail space of all these new apartments going up?

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
It seems to me that there is a ton of commercial space now. I bet it takes several years to fill them all.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
This is hilarious that Scott Randall thinks this will work. A one lane alley onto Lincoln Way is simply a bad idea; including crossing a sidewalk with tons of pedestrian traffic.

Attachments

• 2018-07-30 21.20.00.jpg
    2018-07-30 21.20.00.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 189

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This is hilarious that Scott Randall thinks this will work. A one lane alley onto Lincoln Way is simply a bad idea; including crossing a sidewalk with tons of pedestrian traffic.
Randall probably doesn't get told No a lot.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Who is Scott Randall? I've heard of Tom Randall.

Is this the site on Lincoln Way in Campustown that seems to be trying to preserve the old building facades? Seems like a pretty cool thing to do. Not unexpected from a developer with local ties. This is the first I have heard about plans for that site.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Who is Scott Randall? I've heard of Tom Randall.

Is this the site on Lincoln Way in Campustown that seems to be trying to preserve the old building facades? Seems like a pretty cool thing to do. Not unexpected from a developer with local ties. This is the first I have heard about plans for that site.

Scott is a son, and this was on Lincoln way close to downtown.