Busch Latte

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Am I the only one that thinks Busch Light taste funky in a bottle?

I think most beer does. I've heard that it's because bottled beer is subject to more exposure to light and oxygen than draft or canned beer. I don't know if that's true, but I have always preferred canned over bottled.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Random question: Are there like HS kids that are now craft beer drinkers? When I was in HS “craft beer” was leinenkugels and we called all “craft beer”, “dark beer”.

Yeah, back in my college days the term craft beer was loosely applied to basically imports and anything not light - Heineken, Rolling Rock, Leinies, Guinness, etc. Basically if it wasn't Miller, Natty, Coors, Bud, or Busch it was a craft beer.

I would guess that HS and college kids are still getting drunk on cheap light beer. Craft beers are great but they're pretty pricey for the younger crowd and for the most part they're not ideal for pounding as many as you can in one night.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yeah, back in my college days the term craft beer was loosely applied to basically imports and anything not light - Heineken, Rolling Rock, Leinies, Guinness, etc. Basically if it wasn't Miller, Natty, Coors, Bud, or Busch it was a craft beer.

I would guess that HS and college kids are still getting drunk on cheap light beer. Craft beers are great but they're pretty pricey for the younger crowd and for the most part they're not ideal for pounding as many as you can in one night.

A buddy and I split a 30 of Rolling Rock one night in college. Bad decision

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Bocy

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
A buddy and I split a 30 of Rolling Rock one night in college. Bad decision

A bar one town over from where I went to school used to have two dollar Killian's Irish Red pitchers on Thursdays. That was fun for about two weeks before I really overdid it, caught a ride home in the bed of a pickup driven by someone who really shouldn't have been behind the wheel, puked on the side of my dorm building, and almost died of alcohol poisoning. Know your limits, kids.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not enough love for the High Life in this thread.

main-image-3.png

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
With all things being equal(food, water intake, joints smoked) I don’t know what is but if I drink twenty session iPas at 4.2% I’m ****** up beyond belief.

If I drink something like twenty Busch lights at 4.2% I’m at least coherent.

I’m sure the science doesn’t check out but that’s my story.

I totally agree. If i go out drinking IPA's it is a given that the gf is going to be filling me in the next day on what happened. I can drink Busch all day and night and still remember and function.

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
I actually prefer Busch Light to Bud Light.

Basically, if I'm not going to drink craft beer, I want that beer to be cheap. Bud Light costs a bit more than Busch Light and I don't really see any upgrade in quality. That's why I'll drink Natty Light too.

I like both, but busch uses corn where bud uses rice which can give some people more problems with their sinuses, etc. I know if I drink the same amount of both I'll feel a lot better after drinking busch than bud. I also think busch light is a little more refreshing on a hot tailgating or golfing day then bud light is.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I like both, but busch uses corn where bud uses rice which can give some people more problems with their sinuses, etc. I know if I drink the same amount of both I'll feel a lot better after drinking busch than bud. I also think busch light is a little more refreshing on a hot tailgating or golfing day then bud light is.

Bud Light has always seemed more carbonated to me, which makes it less refreshing.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I like a wide variety of beers and am constantly trying something new. That said, I'm not above drinking with my septuagenarian FIL and whatever he has in his fridge.
I rarely drink anymore, so when I do its never some crappy domestic that is ironically cool. I can understand drinking with your father in law at his choice. Old people are a pain in the ass when they don't get their way.