discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Watch him go to UCF

tenor.gif

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If you don't ever see the field, your chance of making it to the NFL is zero. Lots of NFL players, including QB's, didn't come from "name" schools.

If you just want the education, or if you want to go into coaching and think AL would look good on your resume and don't mind being a practice team tackling dummy for 4 years, AL is the place to go. But, you'd have to be REALLY good, AND lucky, to be noticed because all eyes will be on the 4 and 5 star "bonus babies" that will be brought in every year.

And recruiting Mom (or paying Dad, maybe he needs a good-paying job, SEC has a leg up there) is definitely a proven strategy.

Matt Cassel

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
If you don't ever see the field, your chance of making it to the NFL is zero. Lots of NFL players, including QB's, didn't come from "name" schools.

If you just want the education, or if you want to go into coaching and think AL would look good on your resume and don't mind being a practice team tackling dummy for 4 years, AL is the place to go. But, you'd have to be REALLY good, AND lucky, to be noticed because all eyes will be on the 4 and 5 star "bonus babies" that will be brought in every year.

And recruiting Mom (or paying Dad, maybe he needs a good-paying job, SEC has a leg up there) is definitely a proven strategy.
Tom Brady comes to mind and you know the rest of the story....

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Just to clarify, are you saying Alabama has had QB drafted highly? I could be off, and correct me if I am, but I wouldn't say they've had a QB drafted high at all.

I was thinking of McCarron and 1 other. I thought he was a 3-4th rounder but I can’t remember and haven’t looked.

SiouxCityCyclone

Nov 10, 2016
I was thinking of McCarron and 1 other. I thought he was a 3-4th rounder but I can’t remember and haven’t looked.

I looked after you brought that up because I was intrigued; McCarron was a 5th rounder, and Brodie Croyle was a 3rd rounder all the way back in 2006. Other guys have made teams by signing as undrafted free agents and like 7th rounders. By no means high draft picks, but compared to what Iowa State has produced at the QB position your original point still stands haha

Reactions: Cyclone.TV

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I looked after you brought that up because I was intrigued; McCarron was a 5th rounder, and Brodie Croyle was a 3rd rounder all the way back in 2006. Other guys have made teams by signing as undrafted free agents and like 7th rounders. By no means high draft picks, but compared to what Iowa State has produced at the QB position your original point still stands haha

Haha wow, I though mccarron was higher. Man QBs are drafted so oddly in the NFL.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Who would go to Alabama for the education...?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011