Bourbon

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Doesn't really fit in the Beer forum. What kind of bourbon is your favorite and/or the best you've had? Recently developing more of a taste for this than beer.

clonetil01

Nov 23, 2009
This. Jack Daniels is also good

Jack Daniels isn't a Bourbon.

I'd say Rock Hill Farms and Blantons are a tie for my tops. Personally I think Ryes are better, Angel's Envy Rye is easily the best I've had, but Whistle Pig is wonderful too.

It can get expensive, so if you're looking for best value, I'd agree with the Buffalo Trace.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Jack Daniels isn't a Bourbon.

I'd say Rock Hill Farms and Blantons are a tie for my tops. Personally I think Ryes are better, Angel's Envy Rye is easily the best I've had, but Whistle Pig is wonderful too.

It can get expensive, so if you're looking for best value, I'd agree with the Buffalo Trace.

Huh, learn something every day

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We usually just drink our Bourbon on-the-rocks, but recently we've been making Old Fashioneds. Considering its the original cocktail, I don't know why they invented anything else. They got it right the first time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan4good

CloneFan03

Mar 18, 2008
Cedar Falls, IA
My favorite is Russell's Reserve or W. L. Weller Special Reserve (which is hard to find in Iowa). I like the wheated Bourbons a lot. Cedar Ridge Wheated is fantastic. Others that I was surprised I liked so well and cheaper are Jim Beam Devils Cut and Evan Williams Single Barrel.

mkcrawford

Mar 20, 2006
Four Roses was my Grandpa's favorite. I only drink that on very special occasions.

For me, my go-to's are Marker's Mark, Templeton Rye, & Woodford Reserve.

Actually, I've never had the Cedar Ridge Bourbon. Guess I'll put that on the grocery list.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Jack is a bourbon. Their marketing tries to differentiate it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Bourbon is a subset of whiskey. So all bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Like a square/rectangle thing.

Funny, because I thought the Green Label was bourbon, but then I checked the label, and alas, it doesn't even claim to be bourbon.