Bouman Transferring

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Here's a thought: I think it's great that we have quarterbacks, at Iowa State of all places, who seem to be really skilled, accurate passers. From all accounts, Dekkers looks really promising, Becht was highly touted at the Summer camps he attended, and we are getting serious consideration from Kohl for 2023. If Cook is really good too, that's just incredible! All of this coming after Brock Purdy set all the records. We are not your Dad's Iowa State any longer.... and I should know, I'm old enough to be your Dad (well, for a lot of you anyway). ;)
Rhoads never did find even one decent QB. Maybe the single biggest reason it didn’t work out for him here in the end.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Also, I don't think the general Cyclone fan has any idea how high the staff and players are on Dekkers. He's going to be BIG TIME.
Way, way too many people doing the “poor boy, oh woe is me, nothing could ever go right in Ames, Iowa” thing.

I’d say that there could have been one QB with more physical potential at ISU in my lifetime. But as I recall, he was drafted in the first round as a RB—because that didn’t really include Hunter’s arm talent.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Way, way too many people doing the “poor boy, oh woe is me, nothing could ever go right in Ames, Iowa” thing.

I’d say that there could have been one QB with more physical potential at ISU in my lifetime. But as I recall, he was drafted in the first round as a RB—because that didn’t really include Hunter’s arm talent.
George A?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Rocco shows flashes of being something pretty special. Would not surprise me he redshirts, and takes over after Dekkers in two years.(unless Dekkers completely fails before hand.)

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Rocco shows flashes of being something pretty special. Would not surprise me he redshirts, and takes over after Dekkers in two years.(unless Dekkers completely fails before hand.)
Two years is a long time. The Kohl recruit may want to have a shot at it too. Would love to start getting a thing going with the qb’s like we have with the running backs. Great to hear Rocco is looking sharp though.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
With Rocco being a true freshman and Dekkers a rshirt soph, makes you wonder if at some time they redshirt Rocco. They're allowed to play 4 games and save their redshirt now days right?

Correct.

Different discussion but I can't for the life of me figure out why the NCAA hasn't bit the bullet and just gone with 5 year eligibility in all sports.

Correct. Coaches have wanted it for years and you might as well pull the trigger. There's no need to have a kid sit for an entire year when he can help you in spots but not play enough to burn a whole year.

Would also solve all the medical hardship/transfer waiver problems.

I kinda doubt it. Can't you just hear someone saying, "It's not fair! He was injured a whole season, so he only got to play 4 -- everyone else gets 5!!!"

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
3rd of the 4. They've had a couple playoff appearances.

NDSU
SDSU
USD
UND
Took a college visit with daughter to UND a week ago. I started talking to some students at the ROTC table. They talked about their hockey team and how if she came she had to go to hockey games. The girls and guys alike were saying they would line up to get in to hockey games. I asked about the football team since our hotel was right across the street from the Alerus Center where they play. There was a short silence before the most vocal girl about the hockey team said that in her 4 years there she had never been to a football game.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Took a college visit with daughter to UND a week ago. I started talking to some students at the ROTC table. They talked about their hockey team and how if she came she had to go to hockey games. The girls and guys alike were saying they would line up to get in to hockey games. I asked about the football team since our hotel was right across the street from the Alerus Center where they play. There was a short silence before the most vocal girl about the hockey team said that in her 4 years there she had never been to a football game.
Yeah, UNI plays up there this year for the first time since UND joined the league. I'm going to make the trip and pretty much everybody says not to expect much lol.

It's impossible to be good at football and hockey unless you're Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, etc...