Bouman Transferring

waynemorgan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2007
Had heard Cook was making a run at #2 for quite some time now. Brecht looks promising but is extremely small. Granted it was a small sample size but Glantz did not look impressive in the first open practice.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Had heard Cook was making a run at #2 for quite some time now. Brecht looks promising but is extremely small. Granted it was a small sample size but Glantz did not look impressive in the first open practice.
Pretty sure he's as tall as Brock was. The coaches can put 15 lbs on him.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I don't feel all that comfortable about our QB room if Cook is the #2 kid.
W/O trying to sound like I'm starting an argument, can you explain this to me? Don't think he's good enough? Seemed to sling it all over the yard in high school.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
W/O trying to sound like I'm starting an argument, can you explain this to me? Don't think he's good enough? Seemed to sling it all over the yard in high school.

I get where he is coming from, walkons technically aren’t supposed to be as good and if they were they would be on scholarship. Seems we now have a qb scholarship open so maybe Cook gets it. Then he can feel better

Reactions: 4theheckofit

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
I get where he is coming from, walkons technically aren’t supposed to be as good and if they were they would be on scholarship. Seems we now have a qb scholarship open so maybe Cook gets it. Then he can feel better
Also, I think some people were expecting Brecht to come in and win the starter's job this year. It seems pretty clear, though, that the staff are going with Dekkers and would like to redshirt Brecht if possible.
Of course, it won't really matter who the #2 is on paper unless Dekkers is ineffective or hurt. At that point we'll see how much they actually trust Cook to start or if they go ahead and burn the redshirt to get Rocco in.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Also, I think some people were expecting Brecht to come in and win the starter's job this year. It seems pretty clear, though, that the staff are going with Dekkers and would like to redshirt Brecht if possible.
Of course, it won't really matter who the #2 is on paper unless Dekkers is ineffective or hurt. At that point we'll see how much they actually trust Cook to start or if they go ahead and burn the redshirt to get Rocco in.

I’d say keep the shirt on Becht until removing it is absolutely necessary such as they did with Purdy and Breece

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

I mean.. Purdy was listed at 6'1 202 as a freshman

Brecht is listed at 6'1 195.

Purdy was 220 his sr year.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I appreciate you worrying about my feelings. Nice to know someone does around here!

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Blake Clark, and yes he is Caitlin Clark's brother
Is it me or are we actively searching for QB’s with famous relatives?

Ashtyn Cook, Rocco Becht and Aidan Bouman all had dads that played in the NFL.

Perhaps this is to make up for missing out on Jack Elway all those years ago? Lmao

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
FYI, this:

As I posted last Friday after watching the limited scrimmage, it was clear Rocco had already passed Bouman, so the writing was on the wall.

I wish Bouman the very best and I thank him for choosing ISU out of high school and for being a great team member the last two years. He deserves to find a place where he'll be happy.

Is a MUCH more tasteful way of saying this:

To put it lightly, Aidan Bouman was not FBS caliber in the open practice. Maybe not even FCS. He was dead last on the depth chart behind 2 walkons.
Wish him luck at his next destination.

The guy gave his all to our team, no need to **** on him on his way out the door. Adds literally nothing to the discussion.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So Cook is the next Stetson Bennett?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Is it me or are we actively searching for QB’s with famous relatives?

Ashtyn Cook, Rocco Becht and Aidan Bouman all had dads that played in the NFL.

Perhaps this is to make up for missing out on Jack Elway all those years ago? Lmao
Maybe it's to make up for missing out on Beyonce's nephew as a basketball recruit.