Big Ten Hate

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
So I might be the only one on here, but I'm pretty neutral on Iowa. After we're done playing them I don't really pay any attention to what they do the rest of the year, I just want them to be a win on our schedule. Well, unless they have tOSU on their schedule (I'm a tOSU fan) in which case I'll watch that game. So I expect at least one win a year from my two teams (tOSU about 90% confident; ISU 40% confident)

I used to be neutral on Iowa, seeing that I wasn't from Iowa and knew nothing about the rivalry. I didn't really care, but fans like JealousofIowa and many others have made me despise them. I'm sure we have fans like that as well, but it's a rivalry. I just hate the fact they think their great like tOSU and their not even close and never will be close to tOSU.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I dislike the B1G because they play a boring brand of football and claim to be the best at it (which they are not). I do kind of pull for Northwestern though. They have an offensive pulse and seem to always be the underdog.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Is it ok to not like the B10 because it's just plain boring? I understand why people don't like the SEC due to the arrogance and the ridiculous nature of the conference, but at least it's entertaining to watch and there is some actual skill on the field.

Neither can be said for the B10.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Who cares if people hate on the B10? I know plenty of Iowa fans that hate the big12 and cheer for them to lose every game as well. It is an Iowa vs ISU thing. We have 2 BCS conferences represented by the same state. It is only natural to cheer for one and against the other.

Also, I'll never buy the BS that some fans give when they say they root for Iowa or ISU, but also support the other team when they aren't playing each other. It's not possible...at least not by the fans that attending the schools. I grew up a hawk fan in eastern Iowa and hated the clones. I went to school at ISU expecting to start liking both, but it was very evident that supporting the Hawkeyes while also going to school and being a fan of ISU was just not possible. There are too many haters on each side to not turn the other side into haters as well.

Reactions: VeloClone

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
Who cares if people hate on the B10? I know plenty of Iowa fans that hate the big12 and cheer for them to lose every game as well. It is an Iowa vs ISU thing. We have 2 BCS conferences represented by the same state. It is only natural to cheer for one and against the other.

Also, I'll never buy the BS that some fans give when they say they root for Iowa or ISU, but also support the other team when they aren't playing each other. It's not possible...at least not by the fans that attending the schools. I grew up a hawk fan in eastern Iowa and hated the clones. I went to school at ISU expecting to start liking both, but it was very evident that supporting the Hawkeyes while also going to school and being a fan of ISU was just not possible. There are too many haters on each side to not turn the other side into haters as well.

This. They claim that the Big 12 is inferior because it is a league that doesn't play defense. Last time I checked the obeject of the game is to score more points than the other team. While defense plays a part in that, the larger role is on the offense and in some cases the special teams. Just ask Alabama, Okie State, and Stanford after last night.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Is it ok to not like the B10 because it's just plain boring? I understand why people don't like the SEC due to the arrogance and the ridiculous nature of the conference, but at least it's entertaining to watch and there is some actual skill on the field.

Neither can be said for the B10.

I think the SEC is boring. They have one capable QB in the whole frickin league. That LSU/Bama game was awful to watch.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Maybe it's because people like you come on here and cry wondering why everyone hates the Big ten when the exact same thing happens at HN about the Big 12. Or perhaps when an ISU fan corrects some idiotic hawkeye poster 10 people(at minimum) say "It's really sad that clowns have to come on our board, they are just jealous of us, we are awesome, you guys are just little brother."

Take a closer look.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I think the SEC is boring. They have one capable QB in the whole frickin league. That LSU/Bama game was awful to watch.

It's all perception though. You claim the SEC doesn't have capable QB play, but the SEC will tell you that their QBs are acutally good, but not on the same level as their defenses.

I also find it weird that so many offensive players in the SEC win or at the very least get nominated for the Heisman every year, but all we hear about is their great defenses. If the defenses are so good, how come an offensive player is winning/nominated for the most prestigious individual award in college football out of that conference?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It's all perception though. You claim the SEC doesn't have capable QB play, but the SEC will tell you that their QBs are acutally good, but not on the same level as their defenses.

I also find it weird that so many offensive players in the SEC win or at the very least get nominated for the Heisman every year, but all we hear about is their great defenses. If the defenses are so good, how come an offensive player is winning/nominated for the most prestigious individual award in college football out of that conference?

Low scoring in the SEC=Great defense
Low scoring everywhere else=Poor offense

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Big 10 is awful and has been awful for a long while.

"We play defense." I hear that one a lot. Yet their defenses don't play well in bowl games. Why? Because they play offenses that are actually good. Big 10 offenses are awful. The only good offense in the Big 10 this year was Wisconsin and they needed an ACC QB to do it.

Penn State allowed 162 passing yards a game in the Big 10 and HOuston threw for 532 against them

Wisconisn allowed only 17 points a game in the Big 10 but allowed 45 against Oregon, granted the Ducks offense is ridiculous

Nebraska played 4 non conference D1 opponenets and they scored 5 more points on average than Big 10 offenses did. Those 4 teams were Fresno State, Washington, Wyoming, and South Carolina.

It happens every year

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I don't have to look far...see Michigan getting the bcs bowl invite over other more deserving schools. Or the multiple years osu snuck in to the championship game and didn't deserve it.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

"We play defense." I hear that one a lot. Yet their defenses don't play well in bowl games. Why? Because they play offenses that are actually good. Big 10 offenses are awful. The only good offense in the Big 10 this year was Wisconsin and they needed an ACC QB to do it.

Penn State allowed 162 passing yards a game in the Big 10 and HOuston threw for 532 against them

Wisconisn allowed only 17 points a game in the Big 10 but allowed 45 against Oregon, granted the Ducks offense is ridiculous

Nebraska played 4 non conference D1 opponenets and they scored 5 more points on average than Big 10 offenses did. Those 4 teams were Fresno State, Washington, Wyoming, and South Carolina.

It happens every year

I think one of the best examples of what you're describing occurred in last year's Rose Bowl when that Wisconsin offense that had been torching Big 10 defenses scored 19 against an MWC (now Big 12) squad.

CYLIGHT

Dec 29, 2011

It happens every year
Agree !! If my math is correct, the 2011-2012 non-conference record of the Big 12 is 33 won and 4 lost (89%) with only the K-State game remaining. Let's see how the Big 10 pundits argue that one away.

Last edited:

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
I'm not a Big 10 hater, not after successfully employing my bowl pick strategy. I pick all the Big 12 teams to win, and Big 10 to lose. So, yeah, I'm happy.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
My opinion is that as an ISU grad, the Cyclones will always be my favorite team.

As an ISU grad who grew up in Eastern Iowa, I have a dark disdain for that Eastern Iowa college.

As I have written here before, my favorite team is always the Big 10 team opponent of the day.

agree here. I will never, ever root for that eastern iowa college. I root for two teams, Iowa State and anyone playing the parrot logo sqawks.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
agree here. I will never, ever root for that eastern iowa college. I root for two teams, Iowa State and anyone playing the parrot logo sqawks.

True story: My professor's uncle drew the "tigerhawk" logo on a bar napkin when he was at the bar with the A.D. at the time (his name is slipping my mind right now). The design is based off of a rooster's head. I'm dead serious.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron