Big Brother Discussion Thread

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The is a dumb response actually. When you are playing a season after they made a black alliance and one of the players you are playing against is saying she won't put up black players. You have to address it and work your way through it. Try and figure out if there is another alliance that is the same as last year. So when someone brings it up, they are now racist? Thats ridiculous.
That really isn't the only reason.
But yeah just suggesting there be an all white alliance in order to take out all the POC because he is afraid of an all POC alliance is a little weird and obviously the whole house thinks so as well.
I think if you look at this language throughout the game you will see he has called POC scary, bullies, etc. But hasn't said anything like that about the white players.
Also, thinking it will happen again, shows he completely lacks an understanding of what the cookout was doing. They only did it to guarantee that a black player would win in order to flip things on how BB usually turns out, i.e. the black players all going out early, and make history with the only black winner of BB. That was accomplished last year. And as they said, it was to the detriment of their own personal game. They accomplished what they wanted to accomplish. There is no reason to do it again.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That really isn't the only reason.
But yeah just suggesting there be an all white alliance in order to take out all the POC because he is afraid of an all POC alliance is a little weird and obviously the whole house thinks so as well.
I think if you look at this language throughout the game you will see he has called POC scary, bullies, etc. But hasn't said anything like that about the white players.
Also, thinking it will happen again, shows he completely lacks an understanding of what the cookout was doing. They only did it to guarantee that a black player would win in order to flip things on how BB usually turns out, i.e. the black players all going out early, and make history with the only black winner of BB. That was accomplished last year. And as they said, it was to the detriment of their own personal game. They accomplished what they wanted to accomplish. There is no reason to do it again.

I would assume that also just watching the game. However, if you were in the game and didnt' know what was going on and you knew of one player, Taylor, who said she won't put up a black women. You would have those thoughts creep into your head. You would actually be a bad player not to think about it. The problem is they are being watched 24/7. So if he says something to someone, it get's blown out of wack.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The is a dumb response actually. When you are playing a season after they made a black alliance and one of the players you are playing against is saying she won't put up black players. You have to address it and work your way through it. Try and figure out if there is another alliance that is the same as last year. So when someone brings it up, they are now racist? Thats ridiculous.

I agree with your premise and I also agree in this case I don't see it as racism....however its just HORRIBLE game play. Kyle has known and seen that Monte had trashed Taylor early on, that Terrance is gunning for Monte, and that there has been literally no talk of racially motivated alliance talk. He's just being naive and short sighted.

I'm happy the cookout stuck together and did their thing. I have mixed feelings about the reasons behind it but thats a discussion for another time. It was great to see X win...however I hope going forward we continue to get players who make alliances and decisions based on game play and players they can trust/work with....and not based on personal appearances.

Reactions: Drew0311

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
finally caught up so I can now comment on just how horrifically awful the twists have been....a new low even for BB standards. Just brutal.

Production got lucky as hell that the leftovers just happened to be people that most of the fans were rooting for because that twist only further provided a steamroll path for the majority alliance.

Then we had a decent potential with the split house as LONG AS IT WAS A RANDOM DRAW NOT A @#$%#$% DRAFT. All it did was allow Michael to coast by for another week (and I like him and his game).

I'd love to see a twist where you know each week everyone competes for power and the power shifts...oh wait thats normal BB.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I agree with your premise and I also agree in this case I don't see it as racism....however its just HORRIBLE game play. Kyle has known and seen that Monte had trashed Taylor early on, that Terrance is gunning for Monte, and that there has been literally no talk of racially motivated alliance talk. He's just being naive and short sighted.

I'm happy the cookout stuck together and did their thing. I have mixed feelings about the reasons behind it but thats a discussion for another time. It was great to see X win...however I hope going forward we continue to get players who make alliances and decisions based on game play and players they can trust/work with....and not based on personal appearances.

Kyle has made several mistakes game wise. I won’t defend that

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Kyle has made several mistakes game wise. I won’t defend that

He went from front runner best position by FAR to tanking his own game badly. Once he realized he was safe from the Kyle/Daniel vote, he laid in bed for two days with Alyssa. Didn't maintain connections/alliances. Unless he comps to the end he's done.

Reactions: Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
He went from front runner best position by FAR to tanking his own game badly. Once he realized he was safe from the Kyle/Daniel vote, he laid in bed for two days with Alyssa. Didn't maintain connections/alliances. Unless he comps to the end he's done.

Honestly, Terrance has really figured out the game and has made some solid moves to put himself in a good final two position. They all feel like they can beat him, however, he has some strong arguements as to why he should win. He basically broke the top alliance in the game. He won an HOH, won a Veto. Plus, he is very likable. He might have a chance. Kyle has no chance now. I would say Monte and Michael are the top two right now.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Not sure how you just watch that episode and not think Kyle is a racist POS. I also agree with Turner though that it’s shady how Michael held onto that information until it was convenient for him.

very convenient timing for Michael. I really hope anyone else wins but him.

• Disagree

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Honestly, Terrance has really figured out the game and has made some solid moves to put himself in a good final two position. They all feel like they can beat him, however, he has some strong arguements as to why he should win. He basically broke the top alliance in the game. He won an HOH, won a Veto. Plus, he is very likable. He might have a chance. Kyle has no chance now. I would say Monte and Michael are the top two right now.

Ehhhhh tbh production is making Terrance look like he's doing much better than he is. He has no end game plan. He is not regarded well in the house based on some pretty poor comments he made a couple weeks ago that were never aired.

• Winner

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
So my thoughts after finishing the episode.

I don’t watch live feeds but kinda follow some Twitter accts that give a play by play throughout the season, so I remember seeing there were just a few questionable statements by Kyle throughout the game dealing with race. I easily could’ve missed a lot of Kyle stuff so let me preface with that.

Is Kyle racist IMO? I don’t think so. I think he was a sheltered white Mormon kid out of Utah who was paranoid after watching last season. There were definitely remarks mentioning race as a factor, but i think he was just overthinking and over playing the game. Not right by any means. This easily could be a life altering claim being made against him and whether it is out of hidden racism or just because he is naive, idk. Definitely has said a few questionable things, but like I said, this is a huge claim against a person.

Michael- easily one of the best game players in recent history, but spare me the **** that this was weighing on you for 2-3 weeks. He sat on this until he had to use it to save his F3. He even waited until after the veto to say all this. It’s a great game move as now Kyle will leave and him and his shadow will go Final 2, but cut the **** that he is doing this out of goodness of his heart. He even said to Kyle that he thought about these things before when Kyle had the original talk about group being divided by race.

Both people can be wrong here IMO.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Four things are true

1) The Cookout was bad for Big Brother. Many of those players would've won without The Cookout. Spare me the "no black player has won before," because that was a CBS thinking Dayvaughn for 3 God Damn seasons issue.
2) The Cookout made it possible and acceptable, from here on out, to THINK there is an alliance based on skin color.
3) Kyle should not have alluded to an all-white alliance. That was a racist statement.
4) Michael is just as guilty for hiding race issues until it's convenient for him.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Imo Kyle said -
Remember last years alliance? I think these people have another one that could be as strong. We that are left should form our own or we're toast.

Don't get me started on Kyle's showmance. He dodged a bullet there.

Last edited:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I was so confused at first with the noms. I didn’t know if he was actually trying to do the all guys alliance. Alyssa was going home in my eyes unless she won veto as I didn’t think they were following through with the back door. Worked out perfectly.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I was so confused at first with the noms. I didn’t know if he was actually trying to do the all guys alliance. Alyssa was going home in my eyes unless she won veto as I didn’t think they were following through with the back door. Worked out perfectly.

Karma was served. His actions after being got told the tale. What a sore loser.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I missed this whole season. I've been out of range of media for 2 months, I miss me some BB. Worth rewatching since the beginning to catch up? How much are shows diffferent from feeds/whats really happening.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron