Big Brother 20 thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I already dislike Angie just by her picture.

Wonder if it’s a coincidence that two people are from Hilton Head SC

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I already dislike Angie just by her picture.

Wonder if it’s a coincidence that two people are from Hilton Head SC

I thought the same thing. She is this years version of the girl who is trying to hard to be weird. They carried that girl to the near end last year because she was so dumb.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Rumor has it 4 returning houseguests (PUKE!!!!) will be entering the house. Can we not just have all new people? Either give us all new people or give us an All-Stars season.

Looks like CBS has their typical archetypes they always have....

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Also, let me know if there is any interest in my posting daily livefeed updates? I'll be listening to a daily podcast on everything that's happened on the feeds and I'll probably just post those. Yes this will include spoilers up until live shows. We could have a spoiler and non spoiler thread.

IMO, the show itself sucks compared to the live feeds and knowing the real story. The show is good in that we get the DR confessions, but half of those are scripted anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Here are some live interviews with Ross (from BB Celebrity).

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Rumor has it 4 returning houseguests (PUKE!!!!) will be entering the house. Can we not just have all new people? Either give us all new people or give us an All-Stars season.

Looks like CBS has their typical archetypes they always have....

Until the new houseguests immediately dump the returnees they will continue to do this. Remember this is a game.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I figured we'd have returners this year. I honestly don't hate the idea for this year, since it's the 20th season, so seeing we have 16 guests, it makes sense to add 4 people.

My pick on a returning guest - Zach Rance. They've had attempts at getting him back on the show and it hasn't worked out, but he has a few spots on the BB20 promo the last couple weeks.

I doubt J-U Double D Party Darty shows up though I know he was rumored a couple years ago to return but backed out and Davonne or whatever took his spot.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Last year was the first year I ditched live feeds. I'm not sure if I want to go back and get them or not. I can't do podcasts - while I love the discussion, I feel like they're all skewed and try and get listeners to root one way or the other.

I enjoyed last year cheering for people that live feeders hated because they slept 23 hours a day.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Last year was the first year I ditched live feeds. I'm not sure if I want to go back and get them or not. I can't do podcasts - while I love the discussion, I feel like they're all skewed and try and get listeners to root one way or the other.

I enjoyed last year cheering for people that live feeders hated because they slept 23 hours a day.

That's why I like the RHAP podcasts. One guy, Taran, gives an objective report as to what happened and he does not typically give his opinions. Every day he rotates his cohost so that you don't get the skewed opinions.

Furthermore, Laurel from survivor was an actual Patron to RHAP and you'd think they'd try to skew you to root for her, but they ripped her game to shreds based on her lack of guts to make a big move.

Finally, I hear you about actually watching the live feeds. I just listen to the updates. I also know that people will put clips up on youtube if something big happens, so I just go there as well.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I figured we'd have returners this year. I honestly don't hate the idea for this year, since it's the 20th season, so seeing we have 16 guests, it makes sense to add 4 people.

My pick on a returning guest - Zach Rance. They've had attempts at getting him back on the show and it hasn't worked out, but he has a few spots on the BB20 promo the last couple weeks.

I doubt J-U Double D Party Darty shows up though I know he was rumored a couple years ago to return but backed out and Davonne or whatever took his spot.

I don't mind returners as long as the 16 newbies don't turn their brains off and become star struck like last year. I just wanted all new people or all returners.

I've always heard Ian Terry could come back. Lots of people have said they haven't heard from him the past two weeks or seen him on social media.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
Also, let me know if there is any interest in my posting daily livefeed updates? I'll be listening to a daily podcast on everything that's happened on the feeds and I'll probably just post those. Yes this will include spoilers up until live shows. We could have a spoiler and non spoiler thread.

IMO, the show itself sucks compared to the live feeds and knowing the real story. The show is good in that we get the DR confessions, but half of those are scripted anymore.

I'd be interested in you posting stuff from the live feeds but, I think the separate spoiler thread is a good idea. Let people choose how much info that they want

Reactions: mj4cy

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Holy crap how did I miss this announcement!

BTW I heard if you use the code "steve" you can get an extra free month of feeds this year.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'd be interested in you posting stuff from the live feeds but, I think the separate spoiler thread is a good idea. Let people choose how much info that they want

Sounds good. This can be the general BB20 'as it happens' thread and I'll start a spoiler/live feeds thread once the show starts.

Reactions: riceville98

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
WTF! I normally think every cast looks/seems terrible before the show starts, but these people look real dumb.

How tall is this JC kid?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
WTF! I normally think every cast looks/seems terrible before the show starts, but these people look real dumb.

How tall is this JC kid?

I've seen 11 of the 16 interview videos with Ross and there are only 2 right now that semi-impressed me. Sure there is some eye candy, but anyone who loves BB knows after 2-3 weeks you get over that and you're all about wanting good game players.

The two that have impressed me most so far are Brett and Angela.

I may nerd out and give my notes on each houseguest later on.