Barstool Sports

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Barstool Sports has its number of controversies and you either love it or hate it. Figured with the immense popularity, could start a thread to highlight what people enjoys, news, good podcasts, etc.

PFT and Portnoy somehow got into the NFL Media day tonight and have gotten some hilarious comments. Kind of have to be a listener/reader to understand why they were so funny. Few below.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Sometimes they are funny. This was not one of those times

CycoT

Sep 18, 2009
Ames
I would also still consider myself a stoolie. But I started reading/following them in college back in the wild wild west of the blog world. (2012)

There are still blips that I love and follow, and although they are churning out tons of content, I agree that the PMT boys and Dave are the lifeblood of the brand.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I feel bad for people that don't listen to PMT
I feel equally as bad for people who pay attention to anything else Barstool does

Reactions: Gordyo5

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I used to consider myself a Stoolie back in the day.(2010ish-2016ish) Had the logo on my computer, fridge and on one of my cars. I would spend 90% of my time on the net between Fanatic and Barstool, but when they started to become a pop culture site I stopped wasting time on the site. Honestly it all started going downhill when they hired that ******* Tavern Hawk, Trent.

I still look at it most days, but only to check out what the Barstool Chicago/Redline Radio guys are up to and I read all of Reags basketball blogs. The guy is incredibly knowledgeable about college ball and seems to love CSP and the Clones. Enjoy Pageviews outdoor stuff as well.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoT

CycoT

Sep 18, 2009
Ames
I used to consider myself a Stoolie back in the day.(2010ish-2016ish) Had the logo on my computer, fridge and on one of my cars. I would spend 90% of my time on the net between Fanatic and Barstool, but when they started to become a pop culture site I stopped wasting time on the site. Honestly it all started going downhill when they hired that ******* Tavern Hawk, Trent.

I still look at it most days, but only to check out what the Barstool Chicago/Redline Radio guys are up to and I read all of Reags basketball blogs. The guy is incredibly knowledgeable about college ball and seems to love CSP and the Clones. Enjoy Pageviews outdoor stuff as well.
This. Their "Buzzfeed" type stuff is unbearable, and its becoming a large portion of the site. But the ones that actually fit the "common man sports fan" demo are worth following along with, at least for a cheap laugh and some original stuff.

Also, what has Trent actually done in the past two years?