Baby Playlist

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Congrats! Good luck to you. If you really want to put together a playlist then just a couple pieces of advice.

Favorite music is OK, but keep in mind that the memory of whatever happens in the birthing room will be forever tied to whatever music was playing as it happened. Labor can get messy, is all I'm saying. You don't want some of your favorite songs to remind you or your wife of some of the more humbling things that can happen during labor.

Try and focus on softer stuff that can be enjoyed or ignored. You'll have nurses and doctors in and out of the room pretty consistently checking in and asking questions. Don't keep them from doing their job with something loud and distracting.
Good point. Just put some classical guitar on.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I will say the Bluetooth speaker was a huge help for us to break up the length of the day and provide a general distraction. We just had Chris Stapleton Pandora going for most of the day and while I don't remember specific songs it was nice to have some noise outside of the hospital/delivery room noise.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Congrats! Good luck to you. If you really want to put together a playlist then just a couple pieces of advice.

Favorite music is OK, but keep in mind that the memory of whatever happens in the birthing room will be forever tied to whatever music was playing as it happened. Labor can get messy, is all I'm saying. You don't want some of your favorite songs to remind you or your wife of some of the more humbling things that can happen during labor.

Try and focus on softer stuff that can be enjoyed or ignored. You'll have nurses and doctors in and out of the room pretty consistently checking in and asking questions. Don't keep them from doing their job with something loud and distracting.

I should clarify that my wife is an OB nurse at the hospital we are delivering at. She got this idea from helping deliver a friend of our's baby. We have a close relationship with our doctor and all the nurses who will be present in the room.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This thread tells me I am woefully under-prepared. Music? I don't even have the car seat in or hospital tour done :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Congrats on the baby!

I think the classics would be Dylan’s “Forever Young” and Guns N’ Roses “Sweet Child of Mine.”

There is that odd song that starts with Blue Ivy’s heartbeat, “Glory.”

I’m not much of a country fan, but Kenny Chesney’s “Don’t Blink,” feels pretty real now that we’re close to being empty nesters.

Reactions: Angie

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This thread tells me I am woefully under-prepared. Music? I don't even have the car seat in or hospital tour done :eek:

Don’t sweat it. I like classical instrumental but that’s not everyone’s thing. We only had time to worry about it on the first two. Frankly if I had a summer baby I would have liked to have a baseball game on TV.

One of my nieces had the Michigan game in Hilton on during labor.

Maybe you can cross stitch while DH plays video games?

Edit to add that one of my nieces wound up taking her baby to her last baby class so probably more unprepared than you!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Don’t sweat it. I like classical instrumental but that’s not everyone’s thing. We only had time to worry about it on the first two. Frankly if I had a summer baby I would have liked to have a baseball game on TV.

One of my nieces had the Michigan game in Hilton on during labor.

Maybe you can cross stitch while DH plays video games?

Edit to add that one of my nieces wound up taking her baby to her last baby class so probably more unprepared than you!

my last class is tomorrow........really hoping the baby is still internal for that one! Though one of the other ladies started it at 32 weeks.......meaning she's 38 now. Definitely pushing it!

I'm thinking lots of Carrie Underwood. Actually, TBH I didn't really know music was a thing. Maybe I'll put on my running playlist, this is pretty much like a long workout, right?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
You're in Wisconsin. The hospitals just play this on loop for you.
Beer-Barrel-Polka-Vintage-Sheet-Music-Ken-Nealy.jpg

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
my last class is tomorrow........really hoping the baby is still internal for that one! Though one of the other ladies started it at 32 weeks.......meaning she's 38 now. Definitely pushing it!

I'm thinking lots of Carrie Underwood. Actually, TBH I didn't really know music was a thing. Maybe I'll put on my running playlist, this is pretty much like a long workout, right?

Yeah. I think niece started at 32 weeks and baby was over three weeks early. She was really late doing things, as she was gun shy after an early miscarriage. We had the baby shower as it wound up five days before birth.

If I used my exercise playlist, the kid would think the world was all drugs and California, as there is a lot of RHCP on that since pretty much every song has the same beat. That “All-American Girl” Carrie song seems appropriate for you though.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Skip the playlist... Bring your Roku or firestick..

watch this on repeat..

6acblt9dqlgz.jpg

But seriously... make sure you take your roku or firestick to the hospital ..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron