Aubrey Joens Transferring

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't follow WBB - what's the cliff notes on her dad? Some interesting comments on this thread on him..

Reactions: ianoconnor

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I don't follow WBB - what's the cliff notes on her dad? Some interesting comments on this thread on him..
Don’t believe everything you read! I’ve known him in passing for years and never seen any of the behavior attributed to him, other than the televised meltdown at the end of the A&M tournament game. I’m not making excuses or saying he’s the model of decorum, but some of the rumors people pass on as gospel are ludicrous. Lastly, this decision was made by Aubrey, not Brian, apparently with the support of Ashley and other teammates, so let’s keep it about Aubrey. She’s a fine player, has many suitors and will find a new team soon where we can continue rooting for her - there appears to be no ill will anywhere and I hope it stays that way!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
To be clear on my dislike rating of her transferring to OU. I don't wish any ill on her. I just think that she may face some pretty rough times coming to Hilton after transferring in conference. I wish her the best except when facing her old team.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Is Robertson returning? Seems like she’d be a pretty good replacement for her

She is, I think they would be better if she did not so they can move past playing only offense. Bigger for them is Madi Williams taking that Covid year and coming back also, she's their best player.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I wish her the best, but she has to get past the struggles that buried her in our depth chart. No doubt she hustles her butt off, but she had shooting struggles the last half of the conf season and was a defensive liability. Hope her new home will help her find her way…except when ISU is on the docket.

Reactions: Marcelason78

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
To be clear on my dislike rating of her transferring to OU. I don't wish any ill on her. I just think that she may face some pretty rough times coming to Hilton after transferring in conference. I wish her the best except when facing her old team.
I think most ISU wbb fans won't do anything especially considering Ashley is still here and for what Ash has done at ISU.

I know this ISU fan won't be doing any of that stuff.

Last edited:

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I think OU will be a good fit for her assuming they continue their run-and-gun offense. We loved watching Aubrey play at ISU, especially her rebounding effort. We wish her nothing but the best at OU. I don't expect any harassment when OU comes to town.