Brian Joens needs to be dealt with

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
This may sound crazy but I wonder if they don't have a separate area for him to watch the game or something. During the Baylor game where we won he got furious and stormed off during the 1st half. Didn't hear him at all until the end of the game when he came back down to his seats. The Iowa game this year I didn't see or hear him all game until late in the 4th when he would pop in long enough to yell at Bluder.

I am guessing he sits where the player's comp tickets are located.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Sorry to read this. I just scanned it to get a flavor. This is made worse when juxtaposed against the wonderful young woman playing hoops for ISU. Amazing how families work sometimes. Ashley, from what I've seen, is a very classy young lady and the epitome of what one would hope for in a student-athlete. Good grief.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I'll never forget his temper tantrum at the NCAA tourney last year when we were playing A&M....embarrassing is an understatement...I feel bad for the Joens girls the most

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
honestly and admittedly, that game was a friggin travesty on how it was ref’d.
oh ik the refs were terrible, but we really choked down the stretch of that game...we blew a double digit lead I believe in the 4th quarter...regardless, he acted like a toddler who doesn't get their way...I mean literally sprinting up and down the stairs whining is essentially what he did

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
This a terrible post, as I am sure the sisters realizes their dads antics are over the top. Yet with this pressure, they still play well and by all accounts are outstanding people. I would think the coaching staff and teammates have handled this internally and discreetly.
Doesn’t sound like it’s been handled internally nor discreetly

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyforce

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I've gone to their restaurant in Iowa City. Mom and dad were really nice. Enjoyed talking to them about their family and basketball.

Their lives are filled with stress. First, they have a bunch of kids to raise. Second, they live and work in Iowa City. Third, they have to keep a restaurant going these days. Fourth, when not working, they have to watch refs not call fouls in crucial moments as their daughters get hacked. Not an excuse, but they have a high score on the stress-o-meter.

I have a lot of stress too

Reactions: Yellow Snow

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
yep, but once his kids are done, he should never be allowed in the building again. I feel bad for his wife and kids having to put up with him. He's a nut job.
There’s another on the way, so at least four more years barring transfers. If Ashley were to take her 5th year, it would likely be to play with sister #4. I’ve heard some say the 5th sister may be the most talented of all.

With this type of behavior in I.C., how does he survive in the restaurant business? As far as heckling ISU staff, as we all know, the vax/no-vax vitriol from both sides is about as bad as it gets. Papa Joens is definitely not one to hold anything back.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC
Status
Not open for further replies.