Attendance today was subpar

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
That's not what we're discussing here. I'm talking butts in seats. 57k sold and student section half empty? That's down to at least 53.5k right there. Plus 10% who said screw it because of the weather or last week... down to 48.5k... prove me wrong.

Prove you wrong in an argument for which there is literally no accurate answer? Please.

This is the type of **** people ***** about when we win by 50+, because there just HAS to be something to ***** about.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wasn't it a missed extra point? Or am I thinking of some other soul-crushing loss to Missouri?

I used to work a job where I traveled a lot and met with individuals. I was in the home of some old couple watching the game on a small TV when that happened. :(

24 yarder at the end of the regulation.

May have been straight on too.

There was a dropped TD catch in OT as well. It wasn't like ISU was good or something--they weren't. But geez what a fail.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
24 yarder at the end of the regulation.

May have been straight on too.

There was a dropped TD catch in OT as well. It wasn't like ISU was good or something--they weren't. But geez what a fail.

Well, seems like there were a lot of missed key kicks from roughly 1998 to 2008 . . . I am probably just messing them up!!!

Was there a game in that range where we thought we were going to tie it up with moments left and we missed the EP?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
And we played ULM...?

I thought the 40k+ we had today was impressive, given the circumstances. Crap weather (that ended up being better than forecasted), crap opponent, AND following a 6 hour heart-breaking game. I think some people have unrealistic expectations.
Agree. If we had beaten Iowa, the place would have been full today.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well, seems like there were a lot of missed key kicks from roughly 1998 to 2008 . . . I am probably just messing them up!!!

Was there a game in that range where we thought we were going to tie it up with moments left and we missed the EP?

Kansas State 2009 was one such instance.

There were several games that gimmes for pretty much any D1 kicker were missed in narrow losses.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
And we played ULM...?

I thought the 40k+ we had today was impressive, given the circumstances. Crap weather (that ended up being better than forecasted), crap opponent, AND following a 6 hour heart-breaking game. I think some people have unrealistic expectations.
Wow

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Prove you wrong in an argument for which there is literally no accurate answer? Please.

This is the type of **** people ***** about when we win by 50+, because there just HAS to be something to ***** about.

Just trying to right the record here... don't believe there were 50k in attendance today.

Again, I don't think the attendance was god awful, considering the opponent and weather... but there were plenty of open seats.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I go to every game excluding the Iowa game every year so ya UNI fan. I am a UNI grad.
I know you want to act like UNI is at the big kids table, but the impact of UNI on attendance is really small. SDSU last year was packed. Game 1 in a highly anticipated season is going to be well attended.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It was rainy, had the hang over from Game day and Iowa, and it was an inferior opponent, with the lots closed. I didn't expect a packed Jack.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron