Aromatically Destroying Workplace Bathrooms

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
That is a hell of a first post.

"Tootenbacher" "Shitrus"
This is the Cyclone Fanatic I remember. My co-workers are walking past wondering why I have tears rolling down my cheeks. "yo-yoing a turd" - I spit up on that one.

Great effort from all of you.

Reactions: JM4CY

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I didn't know Michael Scott frequented CF

Orville Tootenbacher is a created character Michael Scott made up. He is a millionaire who farts popcorn. In the episode The Search, Holly writes down a fake name to get a complementary stress ball from a kiosk outside the grocery store. The attendant working the kiosk gets upset with Holly for writing down a fake name, saying "You know what? Say hi to Orville Tootenbacher for me.", which leads to Erin saying "Orville Tootenbacher. That's Michael's millionaire character that farts popcorn."

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We always had the saying on K-Beck in the early 80s - wipe it 'til it bleeds...
tenor.gif

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes they do. They definitely do. Don’t ever give them that leeway. They are just as much guilty as any man and blow up a bathroom with the best of anyone.

MAJOR difference - guys are proud of their "accomplishments".

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
You walk out, if no one there run like hell. If there is someone walking in, look him in the eyes and say with authority "That was NOT ME"!!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
First job out of college, we had this older engineer, probably late 50s, early 60s. Anyway, my first real work trip out of town was with him. We'll call him Steve because that was his name. We're flying Omaha to Denver to Vancouver. We land in Denver and proceed to walk to our next gate. Steve proceeds to fart, quite loudly I might add, all the way through the airport. And DEN is a looooong airport.

The first time, I'm like "Oh my, that's embarrassing for him." Then it kept happening and I realized "he just doesn't care!"

As I worked at that company for many more years, I learned Steve was notorious for farting with reckless abandon and was well-known for not washing his hands and taking candy from the community jar.

So - Steve was likely hard of hearing? :)

• Haha
Reactions: throwittoblythe

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Reminds me of grade school... Kid would puke then the janitor would come in, clean it up and spray lysol. So you have only the smell of lysol and puke - neither of which smelled good.

Throw some of that pink saw dust in the mix and you have yourself some real olfactory overload.

Reactions: SpokaneCY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Reminds me of grade school... Kid would puke then the janitor would come in, clean it up and spray lysol. So you have only the smell of lysol and puke - neither of which smelled good.
I remember in 7th grade we were in Mrs. Evans' English class. She was the classic school marm, very severe - she didn't take any crap from anyone. She was talking and one kid put his hand up. She ignored him because SHE was talking even though he was close to front and center right in front of her. He sat there that way for about 15 seconds and then suddenly clapped his hand over his mouth and projectile vomited. It would have been better without the hand over his mouth because it squirted between his fingers farther than it would have otherwise seemingly sparing no corner of the classroom. His next words were classic: "I feel sick." No ****, Sherlock; you just demonstrated that to (and on) the whole class.

I think he had macaroni and cheese or tuna tetrazinni for lunch because all I can remember is curly noodles everywhere.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I used to work for a bank software company that required three or four person teams to be on site for conversions. We were working at a bank that only had one bathroom - both men and women used it. And it was just off the teller line. My colleagues and I had been out eating and drinking late the previous evening, so when the obvious by-product of our activities hit me the next morning I had no choice but occupy that lone facility. Upon finishing, I returned to my work station in the lobby just in time to see one of the older tellers holding one hand over her nose and approaching the doorway with a can of lysol in the other. While "proud of the cloud" that I left behind, my co-workers were almost on the floor laughing. Luckily it was our last day in that bank.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Throw some of that pink saw dust in the mix and you have yourself some real olfactory overload.
What the hell was ever the point of that? I mean ok it made it less runny but then you had mud to clean up instead.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I used to work for a bank software company that required three or four person teams to be on site for conversions. We were working at a bank that only had one bathroom - both men and women used it. And it was just off the teller line. My colleagues and I had been out eating and drinking late the previous evening, so when the obvious by-product of our activities hit me the next morning I had no choice but occupy that lone facility. Upon finishing, I returned to my work station in the lobby just in time to see one of the older tellers holding one hand over her nose and approaching the doorway with a can of lysol in the other. While "proud of the cloud" that I left behind, my co-workers were almost on the floor laughing. Luckily it was our last day in that bank.

Had a barium enema years ago... They pump you full of barium and air and look at the innards... After the procedure they point you to a bathroom to "evacuate" what is left. I walk in and let loose. Mostly air but also some stark white barium carrying stuff but because it was mostly air it was LOUD. I thought, that since it was a professional medical facility, the restroom I used was buried deep within the bowels of the office. Imagine MY surprise when I opened the door - which had a large gap on the bottom - to the main waiting room. We all poop, we all fart, but MOST of us would rather not have such a large audience.

I wish it was my 56 year old me, since I would have come out, made uncomfortable eye contact with the room, then taken a bow...

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and dtISU

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
As I've returned to work, I've been astounded by how quickly my body has responded to my typical "workday circadian rhythm". In other words, what time of the day I make poop.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I was out of town on work once and in the morning, the previous night's dinner and drinks hit me and I used the bathroom in my hotel room. Pretty wicked. Then I left to hit the breakfast bar.

40 minutes later, I came up to the room to get my laptop and I noticed the door was open and the maid was already in there. She was walking around the room and bathroom spraying air freshener.

I went downstairs for another cup of coffee to let her finish before I went back up to the room.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
As I've returned to work, I've been astounded by how quickly my body has responded to my typical "workday circadian rhythm". In other words, what time of the day I make poop.

I wanted to ask this board if their WFH habits changed because I've found mine have. I can no longer "hold it/them" while in my office environs I could go several hour-long meetings turtle-heading/prairie dogging/yo-yoing....