Are you working remotely ?

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Has your office closed yet? I live an hour outside of Minneapolis.

I am waiting for ours to do so, but our industry is not exactly the most proactive... yesterday our office manager sent out a note about washing our hands regularly... Uhhhhh ya think?

There is nothing that we accomplish in the office that we couldn't do remotely, so I am thinking it is only a matter of time, but maybe not.

• Winner
Reactions: Cy$

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Yep.

But I'm remote 60% of the time on a corona free week

The company gave us the OK to go full remote. I used to not be a fan of that, but it's better than being on a train full of potential carriers

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and Angie

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

I am waiting for ours to do so, but our industry is not exactly the most proactive... yesterday our office manager sent out a note about washing our hands regularly... Uhhhhh ya think?

There is nothing that we accomplish in the office that we couldn't do remotely, so I am thinking it is only a matter of time, but maybe not.

Do we work in the same industry? Another coworker and I were venting on it this morning that much of our office should get the hell out. I have a lot of meetings I'd like to be in person for on Monday....ugh and other days too but I'm really thinking we need to start staying home. Think we're going to see by Monday that community spread is happening in our city. It is, but we'll have solid proof by Monday.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for word from my employer. We've filled out a survey about our accommodations/ability to work from home earlier this week but waiting on direction now.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
My company made the call last night for employees nationally to go remote. Seattle area has been remote for a couple weeks already.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I work in the schools, so no work if they decide to stay out longer after Spring Break. Hubby already works remotely from home.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I’m a personal trainer so I can’t work remote. I also work for a small business gym, so if people stop coming in we go out of business. Luckily only a couple people have stopped (old or underlying health condition), all of our other clients will continue to come and support the company.

We are just constantly wiping down equipment and handles every hour. I can say our gym is probably cleaner than any house.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I can access CF in the office and at home, so I should be good either way. I’m getting all my science on this site so it’s more important than work. Most of my job is in the field, so you’d think they’d let us work from home, but alas, no, come to cubical land to write reports.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not yet, although we received an email from corporate yesterday that encouraged us to work remote if possible. We're supposed to talk with our supervisors to work out the details. I think the only thing I'd miss working from home is the dual monitor setup I have at my work desk, although I suppose that's an easy enough fix.

My only other concern is how well the company's VPN would hold up under the strain of dozens if not hundreds of employees suddenly working from home. Not much point in working from home if I can't access anything.

But I am intrigued. Have a couple productive weeks working from home and maybe it becomes a permanent setup. Goodbye, cubicle. Hello, sweatpants.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I have the ability to, but probably won’t until we get the directive. We have a pretty small office

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I usually work from home unless I'm travelling. I won't be travelling for a while most likely so I'm home for like a month as of now.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
My only other concern is how well the company's VPN would hold up under the strain of dozens if not hundreds of employees suddenly working from home. Not much point in working from home if I can't access anything.

But I am intrigued. Have a couple productive weeks working from home and maybe it becomes a permanent setup. Goodbye, cubicle. Hello, sweatpants

I'm wondering about this as well for our company. Once upper management sees that we are just as productive from home, and I certainly am, will they still see a need for our regional office? Could potentially change a lot of workspaces for the better.

Reactions: jmeeksISU

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If holding the TV remote constitutes working remotely....then yes.

I have worked from home for over 3 years now, so I have no dog in this fight.

University shut downs are probably going to affect our business as they order a lot of things from us but a lot of their work needs to be done on campus, so it will be difficult.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mj4cy and aauummm