Are you still working?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I consult for the largest US importer. Yesterday Port of Houston has a Covid 19 case at the terminal, shut down for a few hours and re-opened.
Trade is pretty much immune to most things.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I still go in to work. We have closed the hospital to clients, staff only.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yup and no matter what other restrictions get put in place I work IT for a financial service so we are considered essential and have to report to work. Would basically take building closures to force me home since my job requires to help people that are in the office and even then would close up all our buildings in town would likely be required to do some kind of support online.

My week sucked but considering all the service industry people getting laid off or hurting from lack of business right now I'm thankful for the job I have and know that things could be worse.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Still cranking out tax returns and taking care of other client needs. Other than my restaurants and coffee shops my other clients are all business as usual. A large company that I do consulting projects for has everyone working from home.

One of my restaurant clients was on vacation in Branson, MO this week (got back today) and said everything down there was business as usual (restaurants full) and was shocked how things back here were so restricted.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Still cranking out tax returns and taking care of other client needs. Other than my restaurants and coffee shops my other clients are all business as usual. A large company that I do consulting projects for has everyone working from home.

One of my restaurant clients was on vacation in Branson, MO this week (got back today) and said everything down there was business as usual (restaurants full) and was shocked how things back here were so restricted.

How does the extension til July 15th impact you?

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
I'm mechanical engineer who works for a Fortune 50 retailer. I oversee the design and installation of mechanical systems.

Things are continuing as usual but work out in the field will undoubtedly slow down. Most of our design work is completed by our outside consultants. I don't know anything concrete but work for them will most likely slow.

Entire company is working from home, less essential personnel.

Good luck to everyone.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Still working, I am in sales in the landscape business. So its been slow but I could chalk that up to the weather as well.

we actually need to get some work done this spring and are on two company's schedules....I'm hoping that can still happen since they'd be outside and we're still working and being paid so I'd like to still be able to help support those businesses.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I’m an Engineer for an Automotive Supplier. This week was pretty normal other than I tried to limit my time in the factory. Things will slow down next week with the Big Three closures, but our ownership will likely keep everyone working unless customers are shut down several weeks. I brought my surface home in case I need to work from home starting Monday.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
How does the extension til July 15th impact you?

I am encouraging my clients that if they have their stuff ready let's just get it done. If they owe then naturally they can wait until 7/15 to pay. Personally I don't want to be doing a bunch of last minute tax returns in July when my racing season is full go, but luckily I don't think that'll be a problem because everyone I talked to has been onboard with just let's get them done now. Plus some people may need their refunds asap in order to survive through this.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I’m an Engineer for an Automotive Supplier. This week was pretty normal other than I tried to limit my time in the factory. Things will slow down next week with the Big Three closures, but our ownership will likely keep everyone working unless customers are shut down several weeks. I brought my surface home in case I need to work from home starting Monday.

I am a QE for a supplier, but work in an OEM. The plant we supply 90% of our business to stripped their line Friday. We laid off all of our hourly employees Friday and all salaried employees will work from home for the scheduled two week shutdown. My company kept us on during the entire GM strike, but I have a feeling that they won't be able to be so generous this time. I also would be shocked if the Big Three were back up in two weeks, but also realize that these are the types of businesses that don't/won't stay down for long.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The CEO of my company has us overloaded with work. Tomorrow is day 8 of home office. Nice to save time on the commute but my work week hours actually increased in a panic for us to beat our competitors six months from now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Most likely. We do build shells that we customize, and know that we have built mobile medical testing units in that fashion.

Will you guys be going much longer? On both sides county wise and was told that there are certain segments that aren’t going right now. Guessing you guys will get your Fourth of July shutdown a little early.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Will you guys be going much longer? On both sides county wise and was told that there are certain segments that aren’t going right now. Guessing you guys will get your Fourth of July shutdown a little early.

Anyone's guess at this point. Did see today two Cerro Gordo cases and one Kossuth case (all three cases in 18-40 year old people). Also know that someone in the Waverly facility was at least being tested earlier this week. Some segments were not working a couple weeks ago, but due to production line rearrangement.

My fears are two-fold: shutdown in the short term due to illness, and shutdown later if we eventually run out of chassis due to Ford cutting production (currently on two week shutdown).

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Been really struggling mentally with all of this as someone without a job. I've struggled with depression for years and this is cranking those issues up to 11. I've had alot of conversations with friends and family trying to help me out from afar. I said in a facebook post yesterday that I feel like an inmate on death row just waiting for the needle.

Help Support Us

Become a patron