Are we being to harsh

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Damn. You've spent a lot of time this season thinking about Steve Prohm's balls. It's kind of creepy.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure a good number of people on here would have had sex with Fred Hoiberg before he left if he asked with the amount of dreamy and hot coach posts I saw. Strange is what CF's normal setting is

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07 and Cy$

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Look, we're either going to get better next year, look fun again, with Steve as the head coach, or we're going to have another sad season and Steve gets canned. Either way, you get to be happy right?
It surprises me so many think if we have a similar record next year Steve will get canned.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Rather be a part of "the crewe" than The Steve Prohm Ball Washing crowd headed by none other than the most miserable man alive, Cat Stevens

By the way, I’m just the one making fun of you for choosing to be miserable about a game you have no control over. And of course your lack of reading comprehension.

the funniest part is that I’m on your mind for making fun of you losing your mind about a game played by kids.

But at least you have a little think tank of like minded people, who also choose to be miserable, so you think you’re part of the cool kids crowd.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Exhibit A.................

If that isn't your line of thought....great. But like I said............

if that was my line of thought I would have said so. Again, stop assuming people’s intentions.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the crewe club and all the groupthink on this board.

I know you can’t hear. I was just trying to tell you to hang in there. It’ll be your turn someday.

maybe Campbell will keep Tom Herman around So you can lead that brigade.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That Purdue loss was one of Prohm's worst coaching efforts. Let me remind you how they didn't figure out nobody could guard Burton until the second half:

They couldn’t guard Deonte playing the 5 down the stretch, but the only sub we could use with Deonte playing the five was Weiler-Babb, who had barely played in games down the stretch and wasn’t a great floor spacer. It just wasn’t feasible to go to that lineup for most of the game.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
They couldn’t guard Deonte playing the 5 down the stretch but the only sub we could use with Deonte playing the five was Weiler-Babb who had barely been playing down the stretch. It just wasn’t feasible to go to that for most of the game.

This is a really succinct thought Doc. Well done sir.

• Friendly
Reactions: Doc

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
By the way, I’m just the one making fun of you for choosing to be miserable about a game you have no control over. And of course your lack of reading comprehension.

the funniest part is that I’m on your mind for making fun of you losing your mind about a game played by kids.

But at least you have a little think tank of like minded people, who also choose to be miserable, so you think you’re part of the cool kids crowd.
I’m still cutting my wrists in the bathroom over that FAMU loss to this day.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Bruce Weber has been a head coach since 1998. Bob Huggins has been a head coach since 1984. Both of them have had years sprinkled in where they haven't been very good at all. Both of them have made the final 4 and Weber coached in a national title.

Not really fair bringing those guys up and comparing it to a guy who's been coaching since 2011 and has had two bad years in that time frame.

Context again. I hate everything Huggins brought to college basketball, but his only "down year" period happened in his transition to the Big 12. Otherwise, one off year in forever. He's not a valid example on this.

Weber has long-noted recruiting problems. Down years should be expected from him, but also not tolerated, because recruiting matters.