Arch Manning commits to Texas

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Listen, I'm sure the kid is probably getting paid but I can't help but laugh at all the money related comments considering he's a Manning. I'm willing to bet the kid was pretty well off as it is.

also that picking Texas isn’t necessarily the long term smart money play either, unless they’re offering him millions more or if he knows he has zero chance to be a pro and this is the only chance to make money

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
also that picking Texas isn’t necessarily the long term smart money play either, unless they’re offering him millions more or if he knows he has zero chance to be a pro and this is the only chance to make money

With this kid's recruiting profile and pedigree, short of killing someone I don't think there's anything he could do to not be a first round pick (and heck, maybe even that wouldn't do it). He's interestingly on-record saying he's fine redshirting behind Ewers for a year, which is actually really smart given his stock can only go down from here.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
His dad is in charge of investor relations for a capital investment firm. Texas’ fan base includes people with boatloads of moolah to throw around—and not just from oil nowadays.

NIL is pocket money in comparison.

Reactions: 2122

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He'll get paid and get plenty of press no matter how good or bad Texas is.

Is he a future NFLer?

Maybe some day they'll keep talking about how amazing he is an entire game while Texas lets a lead dwindle and lose like they did with 'Ehlinger Day' or whatever that was for ISU/Texas 2020.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
With this kid's recruiting profile and pedigree, short of killing someone I don't think there's anything he could do to not be a first round pick (and heck, maybe even that wouldn't do it). He's interestingly on-record saying he's fine redshirting behind Ewers for a year, which is actually really smart given his stock can only go down from here.
Or if he follows a Chris Simms path. Good but far from his dads level.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
This has to be a ploy to suck more cash from where he actually wants to play. Or the actual good coaches in the SEC feel he isn’t as good as everyone thinks he is
Mac Jones developed pretty well under Sark. Saban is getting old. This kinda checks out. LSU coach is an absolute turd sauce (Brian Kelly)