Appalachian State vs. Iowa State predictions

Mmbrooks

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2015
Montreal, QC
You have to remember that Appalachian State blew out school in the Christian College Atheltic Association (NCCAA), and not even in Division 1 of the NCCAA.

Cyclones: 75 and ugly
App State: 66

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
You have to remember that Appalachian State blew out school in the Christian College Atheltic Association (NCCAA), and not even in Division 1 of the NCCAA.

Cyclones: 75 and ugly
App State: 66

That's precisely the point I'm making. I think some high school teams may have more talent than what Appalachian State has played.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This may turn into a very intriguing team if in fact they figure out a way to be successful by the end of the year and look like a P5 team.

It won't happen tomorrow though.

• Agree
Reactions: EarthIsMan

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I can’t pick this team to win right now.

I agree. I need to see them play with some sense of identity first. Getting Lard back this weekend and eventually Brase should help some but they need to better across the board. I can't pick them until there's some tangible improvement. I'll take App State 70 ISU 61.

Reactions: rholtgraves

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I agree. I need to see them play with some sense of identity first. Getting Lard back this weekend and eventually Brase should help some but they need to better across the board. I can't pick them until there's some tangible improvement. I'll take App State 70 ISU 61.

I just need to see them stop gripping and start playing basketball.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Vegas Insider is estimating us as a 4.5 pt favorite, we'll see what the books say later this afternoon.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I'm looking forward to seeing the full team actually play a game versus the team that we have seen the past 2 games. Will the two additional players make that much of a difference? A lot of Cyclone faith being placed on the two players...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think the point one part of the post is trying to say he's not a point guard.

He could definitely play point when he played last year. He cannot do it on his own. Other players have to prove themselves to be threats, or we have to run effective sets and set effective screens. The last two games, his man is sticking to him like glue and other players are hedging to him (but we're not spaced particularly well so they're not open). Just a whole lot going wrong so far, and it's definitely not all on DJ.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'm looking forward to seeing the full team actually play a game versus the team that we have seen the past 2 games. Will the two additional players make that much of a difference? A lot of Cyclone faith being placed on the two players...
Basketball is a sport where two players can make a massive difference.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
He could definitely play point when he played last year. He cannot do it on his own. Other players have to prove themselves to be threats, or we have to run effective sets and set effective screens. The last two games, his man is sticking to him like glue and other players are hedging to him (but we're not spaced particularly well so they're not open). Just a whole lot going wrong so far, and it's definitely not all on DJ.

Obviously not all on him, just needs to be a 20-25 minute two guard shooter.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think we'll win. But it'll be a 52 - 46 type of game. And we'll be damn glad to see it, too.
They have played 2 nobodies, but have scored 135 and 95 in both games. Appears that they have a competent offense. If we win, I think we will need to be in the mid 60s or higher minimum

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Prohm said Babb will start as the PG now and Jackson and Wigginton will play off the ball. Plans to play Brase around 8 minutes in the first half and see how he feels.

• Agree
Reactions: jkclone and isu2014

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I think we will win as App State appears to have played absolutely no one, and we get a couple more players in the rotation. Hopefully we can find a hot hand somewhere.

Not going to predict a score since I have no clue the identity of our team. Would suspect that Prohm would accept a much better defensive effort and low scoring game compared to up tempo.

Would be nice if we win that all the chicken littles predicting us to lose to a crap team stay off the board the remainder of the tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014