Appalachian State vs. Iowa State predictions

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
The Mountaineers are members of the Sun Belt Conference and they have started off the season 2-0. But those wins are against schools that I've never heard of before. The Mountaineers just didn't beat these schools, but they absolutely dominated! Scoring 126 in an exhibition, and 135 with their opener. They beat Toccoa Falls by a margin of 101 points!

Their main threat is a junior guard by the name of Ronshad Shabazz who has netted 20 points or more the first two games. And the last game he shot over 60% from the field.

Believe it or not, I have good vibes about this game. This is the Mountaineers first actual nuetral/away game. This, coupled with the fact that they haven't faced anyone decent (you can argue if Iowa State is decent at this point) the first two games.

The addition of Hans Brase and Cameron Lard will be huge I believe. Not just with the leadership standpoint that Hans Brase should bring, but the rim protection that Cameron Lard will bring.

I think with this game, the defense will be key. But we will have to make more shots than we did with Milwaukee.

My guess is that we made the adjustments to get off our skid. Albeit, still struggle offensively in a low scoring game.

Iowa State 62
Appalachian State 56

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: isu2014

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
If Brase plays, I think we win. If not, could be another long day. I'm assuming he'll play, so I'll go 67-63 Clones

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If Brase plays, I think we win. If not, could be another long day. I'm assuming he'll play, so I'll go 67-63 Clones

Youre brasing our fortunes on a two time acl tearer that hasn’t played meaningful basketball in a year and a half and hans had setback after setback in the rehab process from the second tear?

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Your brasing our fortunes on a two time acl tearer that hasn’t played meaningful basketball in a year and a half and hans had setback after setback in the rehab process from the second year?
1. Good pun
2. From what people have been saying, it sounds like he's the vocal leader we've been missing. He's also a stretch 4, so hopefully that translates to better spacing on offense.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
The Mountaineers are members of the Sun Belt Conference and they have started off the season 2-0. But those wins are against schools that I've never heard of before. The Mountaineers just didn't beat these schools, but they absolutely dominated! Scoring 126 in an exhibition, and 135 with their opener. They beat Toccoa Falls by a margin of 101 points!

Their main threat is a junior guard by the name of Ronshad Shabazz who has netted 20 points or more the first two games. And the last game he shot over 60% from the field.

Believe it or not, I have good vibes about this game. This is the Mountaineers first actual nuetral/away game. This, coupled with the fact that they haven't faced anyone decent (you can argue if Iowa State is decent at this point) the first two games.

The addition of Hans Brase and Cameron Lard will be huge I believe. Not just with the leadership standpoint that Hans Brase should bring, but the rim protection that Cameron Lard will bring.

I think with this game, the defense will be key. But we will have to make more shots than we did with Milwaukee.

My guess is that we made the adjustments to get off our skid. Albeit, still struggle offensively in a low scoring game.

Iowa State 62
Appalachian State 56
Isu - 99
App State - 45

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
1. Good pun
2. From what people have been saying, it sounds like he's the vocal leader we've been missing. He's also a stretch 4, so hopefully that translates to better spacing on offense.
This sounds more like hope on your part.

• Disagree
Reactions: isu2014