AP Poll prediction

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
At least he has us ranked. Not sure what Reece Davis's beef is but he hasn't had us ranked since losing to OSU.

His non-placement of ISu is a head-scratcher, since (as of Nov. 1 poll) he has OSU #11 and UL #22, so it can't be due to "bad losses" -- and he has OU #20 (so there's a top 25 win). But I guess he doesn't value any of the other wins. I suppose there's truth to that, but it's not uncommon for ranked teams to have losses only to top 25 and the other wins are "should win."

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Josh Furlong jumped us from unranked to #18. He actually apologized in his rankings column for missing Iowa State in all the movement last week (said he should have had them ranked last week).

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
His non-placement of ISu is a head-scratcher, since (as of Nov. 1 poll) he has OSU #11 and UL #22, so it can't be due to "bad losses" -- and he has OU #20 (so there's a top 25 win). But I guess he doesn't value any of the other wins. I suppose there's truth to that, but it's not uncommon for ranked teams to have losses only to top 25 and the other wins are "should win."
I could care less what Reese Davis thinks. He is a total jerk in my opinion

Reactions: jctisu

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The rankings this year are useless. Even in normal years there isn't enough mixing of opponents to be able to effectively compare teams. This year, with fewer games, almost no non-con games, and different season start dates, it's just impossible.

What I love about OUR team this year is the way the coaches and players have been able to deal with all the adversity. They are playing pretty well (yesterday's first half notwithstanding) despite a weird schedule, and weird practices, and weird classes, and a weird social life. So when things happen in a game like yesterday they are mentally tough enough to get back on track and still win the game.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I snipped from Indiana at #10 to Texas at #24. (We'd be up near Indiana, too, if we hadn't lost to Louisiana):

1604863690547.png

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I hope we get paired up with one of those over ranked teams in our bowl game and completely expose them.

Reactions: CRCySpy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Imagine how long it would take the Nevada poll workers to calculate the football polls each week. :jimlad:

Ok mods I’m done. Don’t ban me please. It fruit was just hanging too low.

• Winner
Reactions: amishclone

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I hope we get paired up with one of those over ranked teams in our bowl game and completely expose them.

IMO the best bowl match up is when we get a blue blood program that isn't nearly as good as the public generally sees them as. For example, Iowa beating up on ****** USC last year.

The worst teams to play are the Coastal Carolina's or Cincinnati's of the CFB world. You get virtually no respect for winning the game but they can be damn feisty. This year's top 25 poll is full of underdog teams... us included

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Combined record of Indiana’s and OSU’s opponents is 2-9.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
IU might have to mess up badly to drop even out of top 15, assuming the ranked opponents remain roughly where they are.
at Michigan State (W)
at Ohio State (L) (won't drop much no matter what)
Maryland (W)
at Wisconsin (L) (wouldn't drop much, road loss vs. top 25)
Purdue (W)