Anyone going to K-State game?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Have gone the last four times and not great memories:

2013: Destroyed
2015: We stole defeat from the jaws of victory (KSU fans were congratulating us....then we decided not to kneel)
2017: Lazard assaulted no call and 3 flags on KSU picked up in the 4th quarter
2019: Windiest football game I've ever seen. We didn't want to be there.

Each time we say we're not making the drive again but my guess is we'll be there.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'll be there.

1501525502618_670841189pa038.jpg

Reactions: Spanky and nrg4isu

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I’m planning on going down there. I’ve never been there before. I’ll have to look into the $35 tickets because that’s a great price.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's a good time. The campus, town, tailgate, and fanbase are as similar to ISU as it gets.

You get the vibe of this being a game that both sides obviously want to win, and both sides hate losing to the other, but we generally all respect each other. I hate losing to K-State, but I don't hate K-Staters at all. They seem to feel the same.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looks like the end of March. Reading between the lines, it may have been a staffing issue.

Bummer. I went last year after the KU game. I don't eat meat, but I had to make an exception for his sausage in order to relive my experience ten years earlier at Babb Brothers BBQ in Dallas (which was sold to new owners who don't seem to understand the heritage they acquired).

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Have gone the last four times and not great memories:

2013: Destroyed
2015: We stole defeat from the jaws of victory (KSU fans were congratulating us....then we decided not to kneel)
2017: Lazard assaulted no call and 3 flags on KSU picked up in the 4th quarter
2019: Windiest football game I've ever seen. We didn't want to be there.

Each time we say we're not making the drive again but my guess is we'll be there.

Was at 15 and 19. Was walking out of the stadium in '15 when I heard the crowd cheer. I was like "we fumbled the snap" only to peek at the TVs in the concourse to see we handed it off. Buddy asked if I wanted to stay but I already knew what was going to happen. Great loss though as it got Rhoads and his buddy Burnham out of town.

The '19 game was miserable. Purdy had no chance to throw the ball and Kstate destroyed us at the line of scrimmage. Took the kids and we were all freezing and glad to leave.

• Love
Reactions: CyBobby and mj4cy

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I intend on driving down from Omaha. It’s a three hour drive. I went in 2017 and witnessed the worst travesty ever in the history of ISU football, IMO. The officials threw three flags against KSU on ISU‘s final drive, only to pick all three up. The worst was the last one where the KSU DB had his back to the ball and was mugging Lazard as he tried to make the catch. Even the KSU fans were in disbelief and a little embarrassed on how they won the game.

Kites in Aggieville is a great place to go before and after the game. They will shuttle you to the stadium. Plus, there are generally a lot of Cyclone fans at the place.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I intend on driving down from Omaha. It’s a three hour drive. I went in 2017 and witnessed the worst travesty ever in the history of ISU football, IMO. The officials threw three flags against KSU on ISU‘s final drive, only to pick all three up. The worst was the last one where the KSU DB had his back to the ball and was mugging Lazard as he tried to make the catch. Even the KSU fans were in disbelief and a little embarrassed on how they won the game.

Kites in Aggieville is a great place to go before and after the game. They will shuttle you to the stadium. Plus, there are generally a lot of Cyclone fans at the place.

I recorded that game and watched it later because we were at a family function. I avoided social media for spoilers and started watching it at about 9pm.

My wife hear from upstairs when it got to the final drive. She had seen Facebook already. She came down and gave me a hug.

That's the most utterly ticked off I've ever been about a football game.

The play in discussion.

lazard.jpg