Another Manning S^*T sandwich

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
its impossible to win games when you cant run the ball.... the receiver's get zero separation and Dekker's is running for his life.
Paul Rhoads won games with Steele Jantz. Tom Herman knew how to put people in a position to succeed.

If there are several different areas of the offense that suck and nothing is changing, the blame is solely on the offensive coordinator.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Paul Rhoads won games with Steele Jantz. Tom Herman knew how to put people in a position to succeed.

If there are several different areas of the offense that suck and nothing is changing, the blame is solely on the offensive coordinator.

Did we watch the same ISU offense during these tenures?

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: nrg4isu and jctisu

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
How big of a market is out there for a QB who can't read the field or throw passes to the right players
Worse, a guy who gets killed by zone defense. Which ton of teams now employ regularly. If he could stand there and tear apart zone, he'd have a shot, but it's the opposite.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If Matt Campbell does not get rid of Tom Manning or Jeff Meyers this off-season, I predict he will be relieved of his duties as head coach within the next two years.

Even though Tom Manning is pathetic, I don't see Matt Campbell firing him. We are watching the beginning of the end of the Matt Campbell tenure.

Y'all may think I'm crazy. Down vote me all you want. Y'all did the same thing when I said that Steve Prohm needed to go after the Ohio State loss. Obviously, Iowa State couldn't fire him immediately after... but the writing is on the wall.

Meyers was elevated to OL Coach a few years back. He is likely nervous.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
If Matt Campbell does not get rid of Tom Manning or Jeff Meyers this off-season, I predict he will be relieved of his duties as head coach within the next two years.

Even though Tom Manning is pathetic, I don't see Matt Campbell firing him. We are watching the beginning of the end of the Matt Campbell tenure.

Y'all may think I'm crazy. Down vote me all you want. Y'all did the same thing when I said that Steve Prohm needed to go after the Ohio State loss. Obviously, Iowa State couldn't fire him immediately after... but the writing is on the wall.

100% agree with this.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop

Good head coaches and coordinators understand this. Manning won't change his offensive approach / scheme because it theoretically works. He sees in reality it isn't working, but instead of changing the scheme, he's changing player configurations (i.e. the offensive line).

Mike Gundy is amazing at adapting. Just look at his offensives over the years and how he's adapted to the players.

• Agree
Reactions: SDClone

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
its impossible to win games when you cant run the ball.... the receiver's get zero separation and Dekker's is running for his life.
Outside of X we have very average WR's. The O-Line isn't very good. Hard to do much. I thought Easton Dean was the next great TE?

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
KSU is so much better coached than us it's not funny.

Football has ALWAYS been won in the trenches.... and always will be. Our DL is good.... our OL is atrocious. That's why we see the results we see. Defense good, offense terrible. Pretty simple.

If we don't get a lot better on OL... nothing will improve.
And how long has the OL been in development mode now? 5 yrs? 6? It's every year. Even with experience, they are not good. Pretty amazing to me what Montgomery and Hall did with terrible OL.

Reactions: t-noah

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Yes, I watched a team with Steele Jantz, James White and random receivers go to a bowl.
Ok the offense and Manning are not good, but you sound stupid as hell.

Let me know how many Big 12 games Rhoads and co. won. Let me know how many times he went .500 or better in conference play. Let me know about the stellar bowl games Rhoads got his teams into. I’m sure he got us to plenty of Fiesta, Alamo and Camping World Bowls against the likes of…checks notes…Clemson, Notre Dame and Oregon. Meanwhile Rhoads was busy losing to Tulsa and Rutgers in bowl games.

Dear God please stop talking.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Iowa and ISU both have horrible OC's that basically can't be fired..... Iowa's because his Dad is the head coach, and ISU's because he's best friends with the head coach.

That's why you don't hire your son or your best friend as assistant coaches.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Ok the offense and Manning are not good, but you sound stupid as hell.

Let me know how many Big 12 games Rhoads and co. won. Let me know how many times he went .500 or better in conference play. Let me know about the stellar bowl games Rhoads got his teams into. I’m sure he got us to plenty of Fiesta, Alamo and Camping World Bowls against the likes of…checks notes…Clemson, Notre Dame and Oregon. Meanwhile Rhoads was busy losing to Tulsa and Rutgers in bowl games.

Dear God please stop talking.
This is the same BS that people told me about my take on Steve Prohm... I was right.

When we hired Manning back, I said I didn't like the move. There was no value add for bringing him back. People harrassed me then, too... I was right.

Keep talking your moral victories and acting like our defense and a Rookie of the Year caliber running back isn't responsible for those bowls.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
This is the same BS that people told me about my take on Steve Prohm... I was right.

When we hired Manning back, I said I didn't like the move. There was no value add for bringing him back. People harrassed me then, too... I was right.

Keep talking your moral victories and acting like our defense and a Rookie of the Year caliber running back isn't responsible for those bowls.
The problem is we are all acknowledging that Manning needs to go and the offense needs a serious retool. But you lose it when you bring in Rhoads like he did something amazing while here.

It’s like people forget the way we lost games under him. K State ring a bell?

In the end Campbell has done way better in conference especially than any coach we have had and has been in almost every game.

We shall see how it goes, and maybe you will be right. Why you would tout wanting to be right is weird because you are rooting for us to fail, so that’s weird.

But Matt has earned a couple of years to see what changes can be made. If nothing changes and these seasons become the norm then Pollard will make a change. But be careful what you wish for, signed Nebraska, Miami, etc.

Last edited:

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

Also fun fact. You aren’t Nostradamus or anything like that. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that almost every coach does get fired aside from absolute legends, and even then they lose their luster like Gary Patterson.

Prohm wasn’t a good coach and only sunshine pumpers denied that, especially after the Purdue game. But again predicting a coach will not get it done and will be fired is like saying, “Hey I predicted the sun would come up today.”

Virtually every coach gets fired.

Reactions: t-noah

Help Support Us

Become a patron