Allen Lazard

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I thought Lazard had an OK day. He and Richardson both deserve some of the blame for the tipped pass/it. It was a poorly thrown ball and at the high school level he maybe got away with tipping balls to himself.
That catch and run in the first quarter was a thing of beauty, though. If the Bundrage injury is serious, he's going to have a ton of pressure to produce. It's unfair to ask a true freshman to be the go to guy right away no matter how talented he is, but it sure looks like it's going to be baptism by fire for Lazard.

WoolyBully

Oct 21, 2012
Sam is afraid to throw down the field. And when he does it either gets tipped or picked. He holds the ball way too long. Lazard needs Rohach to play to excel. Someone who actually throws the ball over 10 yards down the field.

Lazard was was open a few times, he is a huge weapon. They were on to Bibbs as you could see from the pass with triple coverage. Really thought we could run a little more

Oct 2, 2012
Iowa
There were a few plays I thought Richardson should just throw it up to Lazard and let Lazard use his body to make the play since he already had a step on the defender anyway. There were a few times Sam held onto the ball for what felt like decades in the pocket before he just tucked and ran. I'm not sure what Sam considers "open" in D1 college football, but I can assure you there aren't going to be many times when a receiver has more than a step on a defender. Put the ball in front of your receivers and let them make the play.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Great to see Lazard play today and thrilled he is a Cyclone.

That said, I saw very little from the receiver group today to lead me to believe this year will be better than the others. Every ******* year we hear all offseason how good the receivers are gonna be. And every year, it's the same crap on-field production. Separation from defenders was a rarity again today.

That was shocking to me too. Covered like a blanket.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I think that makes sense, since we're still learning this offense. We probably would be best at running the plays we practiced the most.

Same as last year, I'm waiting to see what we look like next week before I pass too much judgement on this team. FCS aside, this was a tough challenge for an inexperienced team in week 1.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I think that makes sense, since we're still learning this offense. We probably would be best at running the plays we practiced the most.

Same as last year, I'm waiting to see what we look like next week before I pass too much judgement on this team. FCS aside, this was a tough challenge for an inexperienced team in week 1.

Come on Man. We returned more players than them, played at home, and they had a first time head coach.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
It is interesting that the first scripted drive was our best.

And go for it on 4th and an inch when you are up 14-0. I yelled "McCarney's back" and a few people laughed but my wife gave me the worst look. Guess I won't be saying that anymore.

ISU all-time record against KU?

38-49-6

Last 9 games?

4-5

Leave your facts out of it. Our memory only goes back 2 years.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Next week will be more difficult. Lack of creating turnovers, inabilty to cover receiver, missed open field tackles killed us.

Help Support Us

Become a patron