All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones1223

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2019
I find this whole thread hilarious. Keep talking…keep convincing yourself he’s a good fit and he may well leave.
From what Matt claims is important to him I don’t think he’s good fit at all for his end. I also think he is one of the best coaches in the country and would have success so from their end sure he is a good fit. Not buying your assumption he wouldnt have success because he doesn’t have relationships with high school coaches in California is really the main thing.

Reactions: fcclone

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
From what Matt claims is important to him I don’t think he’s good fit at all for his end. I also think he is one of the best coaches in the country and would have success so from their end sure he is a good fit. Not buying your assumption he wouldnt have success because he doesn’t have relationships with high school coaches in California is really the main thing.
Fair comment. I just think walking into a job with no local contacts makes it really tough. Plus, USC fans aren’t going to give him more than 3 years, if that. It’s a totally different deal compared to ISU. Again, if he leaves, fine…good for him. We’ll move on.

Reactions: cyclones1223

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
A Saturday night game with 9K in the Mausoleum.

Only a few alum give a sh!t. Now an even worse graveyard than I State used to be.

An announced attendance of 55K in a metro of 18.7M.

ESPN doing PbP from a studio, not at the venue.

Blue blood? Twenty years ago.
They're obviously underperforming, they should get a new coach

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Post of the night!
With the rams and chargers in LA now, LA is even more of a pro sports city (it was before the teams relocated). It goes Lakers then Dodgers then Rams then chargers then clippers then everyone else. The fan attendance in the USC stadium tonight for a good game with BYU is in a word, pathetic. Open seats galore on the 40 and 50 yd lines. Could you ever envision that at ISU? I can't.

This USC message board does not think it's happening. Good news for us.

• Informative
Reactions: agentbear

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
With the rams and chargers in LA now, LA is even more of a pro sports city (it was before the teams relocated). It goes Lakers then Dodgers then Rams then chargers then clippers then everyone else. The fan attendance in the USC stadium tonight for a good game with BYU is in a word, pathetic. Open seats galore on the 40 and 50 yd lines. Could you ever envision that at ISU? I can't.

This USC message board does not think it's happening. Good news for us.

That’s from 12 hours ago.

• Informative
Reactions: agentbear

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Here's something to think about. The bluebloods are always turning and spitting out coaches. These jobs, there's always a bigger one and better one to be had compared to Iowa State. Name a year in which a major one wasn't open. With that, Campbell will always be able to leave when he wants from ISU and take his show on the road. He's still young in the profession, he doesn't have a coaching tree and he hasn't been apart of a lot of staffs to build relationships outside of what he's been apart of. Stay at ISU, build that tree, gain more of those "outside" relationships. Then when the move happens it's easier. I don't think all but like 2 coaches follow him to USC, like from Toledo to ISU. Without that the ability to hit the ground like they did at ISU becomes harder. If Heacock was named HC at ISU then I think most of the defensive staff stays.

In the end whatever CMC decides that fine. He's made ISU a better program and the next hire is walking into a much better situation to continue the success CMC built here.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
In the end whatever CMC decides that fine. He's made ISU a better program and the next hire is walking into a much better situation to continue the success CMC built here.

This 100%, No one wants him to leave, but no one should begrudge him the next step. And we all know the reality that ISU is not the pinnacle of the profession.

I don't see any west coast jobs as a big threat, but there are a ton of dominoes to fall and a lot of P5 openings. Hopefully Ryan Day can get over his ass kicking today and stay at OSU.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)

This 100%, No one wants him to leave, but no one should begrudge him the next step. And we all know the reality that ISU is not the pinnacle of the profession.

I don't see any west coast jobs as a big threat, but there are a ton of dominoes to fall and a lot of P5 openings. Hopefully Ryan Day can get over his ass kicking today and stay at OSU.

If they fire him after a 10-2 season, one season after going to the National Championship, then why would anyone want that job? He'll stay, he'll be there for several years to come.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
If they fire him after a 10-2 season, one season after going to the National Championship, then why would anyone want that job? He'll stay, he'll be there for several years to come.

It was rumored Day was kicking the tires on an NFL job I don’t think he would be fired.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Personally, I’d give USC a shot, so I don’t blame Matt if he goes. These coaches all live for and love a challenge, so imagine you’re given a chance to turn around a blue blood program like USC? A place with great tradition, endless resources, blank checks, and access to the country’s best recruits? Sure, it might not work out and you might get fired after 3-4 seasons, but at least you tried. And as young as he is, he’d land on his feet someplace else.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Personally, I’d give USC a shot, so I don’t blame Matt if he goes. These coaches all live for and love a challenge, so imagine you’re given a chance to turn around a blue blood program like USC? A place with great tradition, endless resources, blank checks, and access to the country’s best recruits? Sure, it might not work out and you might get fired after 3-4 seasons, but at least you tried. And as young as he is, he’d land on his feet someplace else.
Sooooo why can’t that challenge be in Ames where NOBODY (not even him) has won at an elite level? Matt still hasn’t won the conference, 10 games in a season or made the CFP.

ISU is one of only like 2 or 3 schools that has never had a 10-win season, so I would argue if you want a challenge, try pulling that off. He got close but still hasn’t done it.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
All about late fall, quick release nitrogen.
That's horse**** and you know it. Nitrogen can't perform in these harsh winters. If what's been said is true, you need to actually process the ground for future growth. These twitter wannabees know nothing about turf growth.

But listen, if the grass really does end up greener, I'm at peace with it. Guarding my nuts for the spring disappointment.

tigerclone924

Oct 26, 2009
Every company / individual can always be better in certain areas. I am a sports writer. I've had to learn all of the tech stuff that come with this site over the last 15 years. But clearly I am going to be better at writing columns, podcasting and marketing than I am the tech side. But we try our best.

Don't tell me I don't care. That's hogwash.

Chris, just so you know…Your coming on here and defending your product gained a subscriber. I have enjoyed CF for YEARS and have done so for FREE until I decided after the attacks and your subsequent passionate defense of CF that it was time to show my appreciation. THANK YOU for CF!

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Every company / individual can always be better in certain areas. I am a sports writer. I've had to learn all of the tech stuff that come with this site over the last 15 years. But clearly I am going to be better at writing columns, podcasting and marketing than I am the tech side. But we try our best.

Don't tell me I don't care. That's hogwash.
To be fair the best thing you have done is hire people who can actually write. People complaining about the pay site stuff is annoying. Either pay for it or don’t. There is not a lot of media you do not need to pay for with this site being no different. You are paying to get the info 24-48 hours earlier than others.