All FB coaching rumors and speculation

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
So let me help you....zero contact or relationships with any High School coaches in the Pacific Time Zone... yup, that's a recipe for success.
Yeah because he finds it so difficult to build relationships, and they can only recruit players out west.

Reactions: agentbear

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
So let me help you....zero contact or relationships with any High School coaches in the Pacific Time Zone... yup, that's a recipe for success.
That hardly matters for Campbell if at USC.

You think Saban had ever coached in the South before he went to LSU and won a title? Pete Carroll develop a lot of relationships with high school coaches in the decades prior to USC? Urban Meyer at UF?

Reactions: agentbear

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Take a look at the USC roster for the last 20 years.... how many kids from Ohio are on their roster???
Look at the ISU roster. How many from Ohio? Are you suggesting that midwesterners can’t recruit to USC?

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
That hardly matters for Campbell if at USC.

You think Saban had ever coached in the South before he went to LSU and won a title? Pete Carroll develop a lot of relationships with high school coaches in the decades prior to USC? Urban Meyer at UF?
Seriously??? Saban had many contacts in the South going back to his days at Michigan State. And oh, BTW, LSU and Bama in the modern age aren't USC. Big difference in support, facilities, etc. Pete Carroll was a southern Cal guy.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Seriously??? Saban had many contacts in the South going back to his days at Michigan State. And oh, BTW, LSU and Bama in the modern age aren't USC. Big difference in support, facilities, etc. Pete Carroll was a southern Cal guy.
LMAO.

CMC has as many contacts in the west as Saban had in Louisiana. Oh, and by the way USC is also competing with A LOT less. The Pac 12 is not the SEC.

Pete Carroll had not recruited in 17 years. You think he knew all the high school coaches? LOL, CMC likely has a head start in that regard.

A nationally known coach at a program like USC does not need to be from the area.

The bigger question is fit. Does CMC's model work at a program and city that is front-running. That doesn't change if CMC had been in southern California prior to his time at Iowa St.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
That would throw out the 'it's not about the money' takes.

It's not about the money until someone offers you more than any coach in NCAA history. What's so hard to understand about that? Any normal human would find it hard to turn that down, even if he originally said it's not about the money.

cyclones1223

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2019
That’s where USC name comes in handy. I
That's not something you "figure out." You either have it or you don't. And he doesn't have it.
Yes, yes I am.
Hard to imagine Campbell struggle developing relationships and wouldn’t have people on staff who have them. Plenty of TX/ FL/AZ players on USC which he is familiar recruiting from. Bottom line he would get better players and play lesser competition in pac 12. I’m sure he would have success . It’s not like USC doesn’t know this and they still want to throw the kitchen sink at him so clearly they don’t see him not currently having recruiting relationships in California an issue.

volclone

Apr 11, 2006
That’s where USC name comes in handy. I

Hard to imagine Campbell struggle developing relationships and wouldn’t have people on staff who have them. Plenty of TX/ FL/AZ players on USC which he is familiar recruiting from. Bottom line he would get better players and play lesser competition in pac 12. I’m sure he would have success . It’s not like USC doesn’t know this and they still want to throw the kitchen sink at him so clearly they don’t see him not currently having recruiting relationships in California an issue.
I find this whole thread hilarious. Keep talking…keep convincing yourself he’s a good fit and he may well leave.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
A Saturday night game with 9K in the Mausoleum.

Only a few alum give a sh!t. Now an even worse graveyard than I State used to be.

An announced attendance of 55K in a metro of 18.7M.

ESPN doing PbP from a studio, not at the venue.

Blue blood? Twenty years ago.