All FB coaching rumors and speculation

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
National media and pundits and heck the Networks are having a really hard time grasping with the fact that HC's of Baylor, ISU, Cinnci etc...are simply not interested in the USC's, FL, LSU anymore...
Winning a national title, then getting fired less than 2 years later (regardless of circumstance for coach orgeron), puts a permanent smell on that job for me. The SEC unless you’re nick saban runs through coaches like the NFL. 3 years is a super long tenure

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
National media and pundits and heck the Networks are having a really hard time grasping with the fact that HC's of Baylor, ISU, Cinnci etc...are simply not interested in the USC's, FL, LSU anymore...
and then they consider it almost an act of charity with every year they don’t leave. ******* idiots

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I love it. Those top programs brought this on themselves by having unrealistic expectations and zero patience.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

USC, FL and LSU are like 20 year old top model Mercedes. Were nice cars when they were brand new but a current model Hyundai is better.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
and then they consider it almost an act of charity with every year they don’t leave. ******* idiots

It’s all about the dollar…media has invested heavily in the big brands; curating their aura and spurring realignment to create profit efficiency. They have an interest as well to cajole the top coaches from the have-nots into what they’ve deemed the top programs and into their profit infrastructure. They aren’t idiots, per se, they just dgaf. Anyone silly enough from a “have-not” school to care about what they say or think is at their own folly. Just ignore them and you’ll be better off.

They’ve all been after Campbell for 4 years now…I’d like to think that by staying all those years, Campbell has had a positive effect on college football in general. Other coaches are seeing how good it actually is to stick around, it appears. Good! Let USC and LSU find an assistant or another coach from the lower G5. If they’re just going to chew them up every 2 years, they can put in the legwork to identify talent or cultural fits of their own.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and nrg4isu

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Amen, how many times have we heard the game is better when Texas, USC, and LSU are good? It's nauseating. That's all media hype. Of course, I'm looking through the fellow land grant lens.

funny-girl-in-thick-lens-glasses-picture-id176073713

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Aranda signing an extension. These "blue bloods" are going to end up with MAC coaches lol

@PeteThamel

·
1h

Source tells
@YahooSports
that Baylor plans to put together a contract extension for coach Dave Aranda in the upcoming weeks. Aranda has made clear — below and otherwise — that he plans to stay at Baylor in this coaching cycle.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
These blue bloods fired their coaches midseason to be the first ones to offer the up-and-comers. But they didnt realize three or four year stints where 9-3 gets you fired isnt that appealing to some.

Campbell has built what he wanted to here with an entire fanbase and athletic director behind him every step of the way. Dan Mullen was the second coming at Florida until he lost a few games and they ran him out of town. Same deal other places. Rinse, recycle and repeat. Fickell, Aranda and Campbell are sending a message that maybe being a shiny new toy for a blue blood isnt that enticing when you have to move again in four years.

Reactions: NWICY

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Really do hope we hear about an extension soon, but I must admit as fulll of BS that the national media is and the fact we have been hearing this for 5 years and he is still here, this is most smoke I have ever seen for him leaving. These big programs are going to be so desperate because the quality of candidate is simply not available to fill all these. I think it could be a very interesting weekend.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Really do hope we hear about an extension soon, but I must admit as fulll of BS that the national media is and the fact we have been hearing this for 5 years and he is still here, this is most smoke I have ever seen for him leaving. These big programs are going to be so desperate because the quality of candidate is simply not available to fill all these. I think it could be a very interesting weekend.
Don’t they usually wait on extensions until the season is done, coach is busy coaching.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think everything has changed now with early signing period and coaches getting fired more frequently during the season.

^This. There's been a flurry of BIG extensions in the last week. Jeez, Liberty popped $4M at their coach and yesterday Michigan State went $9.5.

Reactions: agentbear

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
If CMC leaves, he leaves. Nothing we can do about it. If you take him at his word. He is all about making men be their best on and off the field. Going to a blue blood program may get him a national championship, but it will come with a price of "big ego" players that may not buy into CMCs character. He knows that he has a long future here and I hope he stays.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

lol it’s so funny. 0 chance he goes to USC. Idiots.

Joe blow is nothing but an attention wh*re. Might as well say they are going to announce Bill Belichick and really make a splash.

Reactions: 2076

Help Support Us

Become a patron