All FB coaching rumors and speculation

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Don't forget about the low population state to recruit. They are the only destination in NE for football. That matters right?

You'd think so but the top 4 2022 recruits in NE are going elsewhere. If you count CB as "semi-Nebraska" then Hunter Deyo would be 3rd on that list.

Reactions: brett108

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You'd think so but the top 4 2022 recruits in NE are going elsewhere. If you count CB as "semi-Nebraska" then Hunter Deyo would be 3rd on that list.

Wow, it has gotten really bad at big red. Yikes.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I could totally see a Campbell contract extension announcement just before the Iowa game on Saturday. Would be kinda funny.

I was thinking maybe before the ISU-Iowa bball game. Probably have CMC and some of the FB players at the game to drum up bowl interest and a little rah-rah.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
If I am CMC and wanted to leave ISU Id personally go Nebraska. That is the job with the highest upside. Big Ten East and SEC are just no go, too stiff of competition, being a really good coach only gets you so far, the ACC and Pac 12 being stuck on the coasts isnt that appealing. Makes me wonder if we can dodge Nebraska opening next year ISU might be a decent place for him to stick around, all depends on his family situation though is my guess, I do think CMC is a bit frustrated with his ability to recruit at Iowa St., just a darn uphill climb no matter how good of a coach he is.

Interesting that CMC Dad was in a similar postion on the high school level with a dominate team in the same city that apparently recruited pretty heavily, granted Iowa isnt dominant but they are darn consistent, Ferentz has been a heck of a coach for them.

I know you would laugh but if college football doesnt get its house in order by going decentralized I could see CMC walking away and going FCS, like a Brookings or a Youngstown. Seems like it would be a good place if you are just interested in the mentor and football strategy aspect.

So much depends on his immediate family on all this, especially when kids are young, as a parent with young kids I can tell you no career or geographical moves are happening in my house till kids are older.
At least you didn't say he should go to Iowa.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Only thing interesting on flight tracker for OUN today is a PJ going to Nashville and back

View attachment 92736

ISU has run searches out of airports before, it’s pretty common. Could be the case here. The search resulting in Prohm was handled all at ATL. I believe the presidential search resulting in Leath had interviews at MSP. A good way to meet people without exposing their identity.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
People aren't giving a lot of credence to the Dabo->OU rumor but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. OU would have to put a dumptruck full of cash but they probably figure that's a good investment given the move to the SEC...

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
People aren't giving a lot of credence to the Dabo->OU rumor but it wouldn't surprise me in the least. OU would have to put a dumptruck full of cash but they probably figure that's a good investment given the move to the SEC...

Then we would get a cycle of “Campbell to Clemson?”

I just want OU to hire an assistant or a G5 guy so that we can be done with this cycle. Then we only need to survive NFL openings to lock in Campbell here for 2022.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Then we would get a cycle of “Campbell to Clemson?”

I just want OU to hire an assistant or a G5 guy so that we can be done with this cycle. Then we only need to survive NFL openings to lock in Campbell here for 2022.

imo, Dabo would be an bad hire for OU for two reasons.

- Good chance Dabo would jump ship for Bama when that opens
- Venables has been Clemson's biggest strength anyways

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
ISU has run searches out of airports before, it’s pretty common. Could be the case here. The search resulting in Prohm was handled all at ATL. I believe the presidential search resulting in Leath had interviews at MSP. A good way to meet people without exposing their identity.

Good to know. The return flight isn't until 6pm or so definitely could be it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron