All FB coaching rumors and speculation

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Something interesting on flightaware.

This plane runs regularly out of Norman and is scheduled from Meridian MS to Norman in a few minutes.

Venables was out recruiting in AL yesterday and is still on the road.

1638469854052.png

1638469874179.png

• Informative
Reactions: RezClone

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
It is an interesting question as Mark Stoops was listed as "age being a concern" (too old) when there was a discussion about potential replacements for the bigger programs in need of an HC. And he is 54 (or close to that age)!
This raises a good point I was thinking about in my earlier post. Things are shifting and I think what people would consider young/old is definitely different than what it was years ago.

I think success of people like Campbell, Fleck, Riley, etc are changing attitudes.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Wrong.
If he leaves someday for another college ND or whoever he's still working with that age group of young men regardless of the business side of it. My original post was against him going to the NFL (Browns or Bust). Coaching those guys and their mentality and egos is a different thing all together.

damn i wish i still thought it was 1955

• Dumb
Reactions: brett108

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
This raises a good point I was thinking about in my earlier post. Things are shifting and I think what people would consider young/old is definitely different than what it was years ago.

I think success of people like Campbell, Fleck, Riley, etc are changing attitudes.
Fleck is a goober. He can recruit well, flat out cannot coach on gameday.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Kelly is only in it for the money. He'll be gone in a few years with a bag full of cash and a new job on College Gameday, making insane predictions and putting on mascot headgear.
IMO very few coaches can stay at a school more than 10 years and keep things fresh. Just natural for driven people to test themselves with a new challenge and I think that is what Brian Kelly is doing.

I imagine LSU is giving him some great coin to pay his assistant coaches. Kelly has always seemed to have a eye for talent, I think he will be fine at LSU.

But the competition is tough, so no guarantees. There is a fine line for defining success in the SEC- Smart v Jimbo

Last edited:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I find it absolutely fascinating that nobody went with Kelly. Surprised? I don’t know. I have my opinions of the man and have read what I’ve read about him too, but I’ve never been around him, so theoretically my thoughts of him could be completely wrong.

Fascinating. That’s all.

Reactions: Bigman38

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

I do not like this post as it puts me even more so on the wrong side of the young/old line.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron