All FB coaching rumors and speculation

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
EL OH F'ING EL...

#A) Aranda is built for LSU... and...
#B) Nothing screams Coonass quite like CMC. (for Iowans, coonass is the southern term for cajuns)
I'm not saying it won't happen but I do have one friend who used to coach in the deep south and has connections to SEC schools and his claim is Arranda isn't sold on LSU as a dream job or that much better than Baylor due to the insane expectations and short shelf life. FWIW

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
So if Campbell doesn't have an agent (last I knew he didn't), I find it highly unlikely he's personally talking to other schools during the season. Does JP have to give permission to other schools to talk to him?

MadTownCy

Apr 11, 2006
Sure would be nice to see Jamie post that a new contract has been entered into with CMC. I know wishful thinking. We won’t hear anything until Friday’s game is finished one way or another.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Our buddy Joel Klatt's predictions today:

Florida-- Napier
USC-- Aranda
LSU-- Matt Campbell

I just don't see CMC in any of those jobs, but you never know.

I can totally see Napier at UF. And Aranda will take USC or LSU, IF he leaves Baylor (and he might just stay). No idea about the 3rd coach. Is Dabo at a point where he could jump from Clemson??

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I just don't see CMC in any of those jobs, but you never know.

I LOVE CMC! But I don't see him in any of those jobs because part of the AD's job is to sell a hire and all 3 of those fan bases would need to be sold hard on CMC! Don't get me wrong...I believe any of those 3 programs would excel if CMC were in charge! But there are a lot of AD's that don't want to have to answer the question "who?" when the donors are introduced to the new coach! Inside the business is a different thing than outside that business. Total respect within which is gold...but outside that business and there are a lot of fans who are at those schools that would not be happy with an AD who hired CMC right now. A strong AD would do it in a heartbeat...but a lot of AD's are cautious and safe.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Many folks familiar with LSU job say the AD won't take a past Ed O assistant due to litigation matters. That would eliminate Baylor's coach.

Has CMC said recently he's not leaving Ames, or has he been coy? If the latter, he's gone.
He's using the exact same coach speak that he's used since he started having success here. Basically, he says nothing about the matter.