Aaron Rodgers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Rodgers is a big booster for AL. Rodgers ability to make super passes made AL a very good player. If Rodgers moves on, things will get interesting. When does Lazard's contract come up?
Looks like he'll be a restricted free agent after this year. Whether or not he hits the market likely depends on how well he performs this year. If he's going to show out, this is the year to do it.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
From what we know at the moment, it's either Denver or the Raiders. Denver has more draft capital to offer. To me, the Raiders can't seem to get out of their own way, so I am putting my chips on Denver.
It will be fun to watch Mahomes and Rodgers square off twice a year for a while.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
From what we know at the moment, it's either Denver or the Raiders. Denver has more draft capital to offer. To me, the Raiders can't seem to get out of their own way, so I am putting my chips on Denver.
It will be fun to watch Mahomes and Rodgers square off twice a year for a while.

It will interesting to see how much Denver (or any team that ends up with him) has to give up to land Rodgers. The SF trade to get Lance set the bar pretty high.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It will interesting to see how much Denver (or any team that ends up with him) has to give up to land Rodgers. The SF trade to get Lance set the bar pretty high.
I'm guessing it will be a LOT. More than what they should give up for an old QB with not many years left. It will be fun to watch this play out.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Agree. None of the latest talking heads stories this morning includes 'if' he comes back, but rather what team will he go to. Most seem to think it's Denver.
Denver not drafting a QB also may show they are going to gun for Rodgers

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I'm guessing it will be a LOT. More than what they should give up for an old QB with not many years left. It will be fun to watch this play out.
Agreed. Any Broncos fans (or anyone else) able to compare/contrast this situation with the Manning situation. As a football fan I'd love to see Rodgers make Denver a threat to go deep into the playoffs immediately. Can Denver's personnel be at the level they were when PM joined them?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Agreed. Any Broncos fans (or anyone else) able to compare/contrast this situation with the Manning situation. As a football fan I'd love to see Rodgers make Denver a threat to go deep into the playoffs immediately. Can Denver's personnel be at the level they were when PM joined them?

I heard multiple analysts say that Denver was just a QB away from being a true contender. Which is why I was surprised they passed on Fields to stick with still unproven Lock.

Rodgers is 37 but has shown no signs of slowing down significantly. He just won the MVP with a non-spectacular receiving group. He's worth well more than Peyton Manning was post injury.

The thing with the NFL is that it turns over very quickly. You have to strike when the supporting cast is in place. Denver will waste a very solid roster if they don't get significantly improved QB play in the next few years. Defense will get old and younger players will want to resign for much larger contracts. A few picks to get a HOF QB is pretty well worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I heard multiple analysts say that Denver was just a QB away from being a true contender. Which is why I was surprised they passed on Fields to stick with still unproven Lock.

Rodgers is 37 but has shown no signs of slowing down significantly. He just won the MVP with a non-spectacular receiving group. He's worth well more than Peyton Manning was post injury.

The thing with the NFL is that it turns over very quickly. You have to strike when the supporting cast is in place. Denver will waste a very solid roster if they don't get significantly improved QB play in the next few years. Defense will get old and younger players will want to resign for much larger contracts. A few picks to get a HOF QB is pretty well worth it.
Not that it is huge, but they did pick up bridgewater to compete with Lock.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I did find it curious that they passed on a QB they could have had.... I do believe something is in the works.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008

Id say they defense is close to what it was when they won the super bowl, as long as half the team doesnt get injured. Offensively they are young but if they had a qb who could hit them in stride they could be keep up with most offenses.

Some of that could change depending what they have to give to get Rodgers. I could see 2 young players and 2-3 high future draft picks.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
GB would probably demand linebackers, (pending Denver’s quality) and a speedy WR (or a couple and a couple first round picks.

Or for spite they may demand their top two receivers to give Rodgers a weaker Corp to work with.

Id say they defense is close to what it was when they won the super bowl, as long as half the team doesnt get injured. Offensively they are young but if they had a qb who could hit them in stride they could be keep up with most offenses.

Some of that could change depending what they have to give to get Rodgers. I could see 2 young players and 2-3 high future draft picks.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Then again Denver doesn't have to do any of this. Rodgers doesn't have to go to a team he doesn't want or go back to the Packers. Packers are the only ones that need to do something.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Unless Packers are sick of him, they don't HAVE to do anything. I don't think Rodgers would realistically sit out, so GB could call his bluff like Seattle did with Wilson.

They don't have to make a move until Rodgers' contract is up and Love is ready to start.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
It's GB so the price will probably be surprisingly small. Teddy Bridgewater and a handful of first-round draft picks who the packers blow on poorly scouted prospects like Jordan Love, I doubt the packers can even win 4 games next year. It's going to be funny watching Gudakunst try to explain to Packers nation why he ran off the best player to ever play in Green Bay and sent the organization into a death spiral. Packers should have cleaned house after Thompson stepped down.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
It's GB so the price will probably be surprisingly small. Teddy Bridgewater and a handful of first-round draft picks who the packers blow on poorly scouted prospects like Jordan Love, I doubt the packers can even win 4 games next year. It's going to be funny watching Gudakunst try to explain to Packers nation why he ran off the best player to ever play in Green Bay and sent the organization into a death spiral. Packers should have cleaned house after Thompson stepped down.

This is one of the dumbest takes I’ve ever heard. That’s impressive. Brian Gitenkunst has been a great GM. Packers don’t let players run their team. Patriots draft Jimmy G when he was there. Great organizations do t let players make the decisions.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
This is one of the dumbest takes I’ve ever heard. That’s impressive. Brian Gitenkunst has been a great GM. Packers don’t let players run their team. Patriots draft Jimmy G when he was there. Great organizations do t let players make the decisions.
Believe me. I know I am overreacting. Still when you draft a QB round one, you immediately start the clock on your starter. Rodgers still playing at an MVP level. Draft someone who can help immediately and win a Super Bowl.

Reactions: Kurttr

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Am I the only one that thinks Jordan Love is probably a bust and the Packers know it?

If that's the case, then the Packers need to get a good QB in return in a trade. That's why SF makes the most sense to me right now.... where SF sends Lance to the Packers. I'm not interested in Lock or Jimmy G at all.

• Haha
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Am I the only one that thinks Jordan Love is probably a bust and the Packers know it?

If that's the case, then the Packers need to get a good QB in return in a trade. That's why SF makes the most sense to me right now.... where SF sends Lance to the Packers. I'm not interested in Lock or Jimmy G at all.
If they thought he was a bust, they would have agreed to trade him by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.