Aaron Rodgers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
This is a lose-lose situation for the packers. Either they trade him. Or he holds out till a trade is done.

Reactions: Drew0311

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Already been brought up in other threads but may deserve its own.

Would be a huge move for the league.

From what I understand his ego doesn't help much and he could have taken less money to get better players there.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love Lazard and he does a good job. However, a crap load of Packer wide outs are made by Rodgers. Look what happens to Packer wide outs in free agency. They disappear.
That is part of the reason that a lot of Cyclone fans are worried about how Lazard comes out of this. He had a great situation at GB. After this, who knows.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Already been brought up in other threads but may deserve its own.

Would be a huge move for the league.

From what I understand his ego doesn't help much and he could have taken less money to get better players there.
Rodgers has been the constant when it comes to issues, generally. Need to see what my Packers guy knows. He was the one who told me that when Thompson was gone so was Bulaga.

Reactions: Scott34

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I feel for Lazard. Rodgers is a big fan of AL. They work well together.

Ironically that was another hot button between Rodgers and the coaches/organization in the 2019 year. He wanted Allen playing more sooner than he ended up coming around.

Remember the staredown he gave the bench after AL's first TD?

• Agree
Reactions: Jer and madguy30

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Packers fan and Rodgers fan. The organization hasn't made good decisions for years and wasn't too many pieces away from a title the past few years but refused to make the moves to put them over the top. Now, they're going to be stuck with Love or a has-been from elsewhere and they're going to regress a lot. Rodgers made that team go, and while they didn't go to the SB as much as they could have, they would have been terrible with most other QBs in his place.

As much as I hate Brady, there are a lot of parallels. Just like Manning, they make everybody else so much better. I love Manning and he made the move to Denver and won a title in his best statistical year. Brady won a title with a pieced together mess in TB. As much as I'd like AR to win another title in GB, I'd almost rather see him win it wherever he goes.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Packers fan and Rodgers fan. The organization hasn't made good decisions for years and wasn't too many pieces away from a title the past few years but refused to make the moves to put them over the top. Now, they're going to be stuck with Love or a has-been from elsewhere and they're going to regress a lot. Rodgers made that team go, and while they didn't go to the SB as much as they could have, they would have been terrible with most other QBs in his place.

Totally agree. Teams like Tampa Aby went out and were aggressive getting the right pieces. Green Bay is always drafting for the future. Ummm why. We have the team and quarterback right now. Play for right now and worry later about the future. It makes no sense in the free agency era to play for three and 4 years down the road

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I think a lot of the consternation with last year's draft was that we knew this year's team was talented enough to compete for a Super Bowl (and came pretty close). Another weapon at WR or DB could've put them over the top.

I don't have any distrust of drafting the heir apparent, given Rodgers was drafted into that role under Favre. But a) the fact it was a MWC quarterback with a lot of question marks and b) bad timing when you're trying to win a championship didn't help the situation with Rodgers.

• Winner
Reactions: Jer and Drew0311

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I feel for Lazard. Rodgers is a big fan of AL. They work well together.
I also feel bad for David Montgomery as well. His situation in Chicago isn't quite the same as Lazard, but he still got a bad draw in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.