6-3 Weather Thread-Long track tornadoes?

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
day1probotlk_2000_wind.gif

So there's a 60% chance it will be windy in southern Iowa? Bold prediction.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Please be careful this evening and take all warnings seriously. This is a very dangerous severe weather setup this evening.

One storm to watch is that linear devil about to hit north Omaha. This type of storm usually ends up being long lived (stretching across multiple states). It is producing baseball size hail and 80 mph winds moving SE.

1st Line: Position by 5:20
2nd Line: Position by 6:20
3rd Line: Position by 7:20

Also there are other supercells in SW Iowa to watch. If they latch on to the warm front they could quickly become tornadic. That southern-most cell is producing 2" hail right now too.

aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Baseball sized hail just missed me, got pea to nickel sized where I am, so no damage (so far)

Storm that just passed through the Omaha metro triggered a tornado warning in Eastern Pott County :wideeyed:

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Typically don't watch any of the Weather Channel, but they've got some fantastic coverage going of the Omaha system. Sounds like the airport was on lockdown. It'd be quite something for people passing through Omaha who've never witnessed severe thunderstorms.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Typically don't watch any of the Weather Channel, but they've got some fantastic coverage going of the Omaha system. Sounds like the airport was on lockdown. It'd be quite something for people passing through Omaha who've never witnessed severe thunderstorms.

I actually called a buddy of mine that works in north Omaha to get the heck out of there. Glad he took the advice.

I've seen numerous reports of severe home damage/tree damage and pingpong to softball size hail in and around the Omaha area.

Now this storm is kicking just like an engine, trying to spin up tornadoes in SW IA.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron