IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Iowa State has only defeated one Men's Basketball National Champion in the year that they won the tournament. This came by defeating Kansas in 1988 in Hilton Coliseum two and a half months before the Jayhawks won the the National Championship.

If Texas Tech wins the National Championship tonight, it will be the second time in program history that the Cyclones had beaten the champs before they cut down the nets at the Final Four. This season would be a bit different though, as it would be the first time that the feat occured on the Champions' home court.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Iowa State has only defeated one Men's Basketball National Champion in the year that they won the tournament. This came by defeating Kansas in 1988 in Hilton Coliseum two and a half months before the Jayhawks won the the National Championship.

If Texas Tech wins the National Championship tonight, it will be the second time in program history that the Cyclones had beaten the champs before they cut down the nets at the Final Four. This season would be a bit different though, as it would be the first time that the feat occured on the Champions' home court.

I was there man!

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
It’s somewhat disappointing that of all the programs in my lifetime to make a final four before Iowa State, Texas Tech is there

This is where I am. Regardless of tonight, Prohm will now have the second-worst coaching resume of everyone in our league (better only than Boynton). Everyone else has been to the Elite Eight or further in the tournament. Six coaches have been in the Final Four. We're in a tough league and CSP has an uphill climb ahead of him given the competition.

Reactions: motorcy90

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
It’s somewhat disappointing that of all the programs in my lifetime to make a final four before Iowa State, Texas Tech is there

Brings back memories of Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl. I said at the time, that if I'd known NIU would be in the Orange Bowl before ISU ever would I probably would have quit following college football altogether

(For those too young to know, the Big 8 champion bowl tie-in was always the Orange Bowl.)

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
This is where I am. Regardless of tonight, Prohm will now have the second-worst coaching resume of everyone in our league (better only than Boynton). Everyone else has been to the Elite Eight or further in the tournament. Six coaches have been in the Final Four. We're in a tough league and CSP has an uphill climb ahead of him given the competition.
Prohm is what 35-37 overall in the league so far after his 4th year? after this years tournament showing he has a lot to win me over as a fan. I'm expecting another .500 or below year in conference next year.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

tenor.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron