30 Signs You're Almost 30

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
After reading this list, combined with turning 30 in December, I am going on a binge to prove that I have not lost my edge. One last hurrah before the 20's are history to me! LET'S DO IT!! #watchmefailateverything

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
someone in our high school class posted something similar having to do with years past since high school by 30 years of age. One was that entire class of kids (K thru 12 th)graduated since you left.

Last edited:

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
The "two day hangover" one is great. I drank more at a wedding a few weekends ago than I had since football season and I still wasn't feeling right at lunch on Monday. To feel that awful and think back to college when I would drink just as hard on a Friday night, wake up at 4:00 Saturday afternoon and start drinking again by 8:00 is mindblowing. My how the mighty have fallen...

Or if you're like me at the Indianapolis 500. Start drinking at 8am, be **** drunk by 230, pass out til about 8 and then start drinking again til 5am. Sleep for about a few hours, and then do it all again, for 4 straight days.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
someone in our high school class posted something similar having to do with years past since high school by 30 years of age. One was that entire class of kids (K thru 12 th)graduated since you left.

Just think, by the 20 year reunion, an entire class of kids from your class can graduate.

Not there yet, but not far away, I imagine that the 30 year reunion involves talking about your kids' careers and college education, and maybe even grandkids.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
31. You continue to get a ****-load of hair on your ears. You can't trim it fast enough.

EEHG or Explosive Ear Hair Growth is a manly problem to have, no doubt about it!

Many if not all of those apply to me as well. Good thing I turned 31 this year, I have an excuse.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Just think, by the 20 year reunion, an entire class of kids from your class can graduate.

Not there yet, but not far away, I imagine that the 30 year reunion involves talking about your kids' careers and college education, and maybe even grandkids.

Oh man I'm already sick today, don't make me feel worse. :jimlad:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I still have no issue cramming a ton of people in one hotel room and me crashing on the floor.

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

My youngest brother graduated from high school this year. Not only did that make me feel my age, but there were several guys I graduated with there - as teachers.

CtownCyclone

I got one more silver dollar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I still have no issue cramming a ton of people in one hotel room and me crashing on the floor.

I have a job. I am willing to pay for comfort.

Back in college, we crammed the water polo team into a Motel 6 room in Iowa City for a tournament. One guy slept in the bathtub. One guy slept propped up against the door. Two double beds pushed together slept 5 people. Yeah, good times.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
As many times as people have asked if I'm revkah's dad, I look forward to our daughter's high school graduation and hearing teachers and others say to her, "oh, it is so nice that your grandfather could be here Your family must be very close."

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
would you rather have money (or what little I make) or the intact, unadulterated ambition of youth?

speaking of 30, anyone going on the manhattan bus trip? anyone from mtown or state center?

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

I don't have a problem with it, although I thought it was something I always did because I was dirt poor not young.

I'm several years past 30 and very few of these apply to me tbh. Guess I'm just immature.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm 28 and there weren't too many that applied for me.

I've had one legitimate two day hangover in my life, and I was 16 at the time. Sometimes I'll feel sleepy on a Monday if I party hard on Saturday, but its not the hungover feeling. There are a lot of kid pics in my facebook feed. I have some "friends" who are incapable of making any facebook related post that doesn't involve their children. Its literally all they talk about. That's annoying.

Some of these will never apply for me. I absolutely hate it when a bunch of friends plan on getting together, and one couple insists on getting their own hotel. Just a total waste of money and it ups the financial burden for everyone.

I do hate teen slang and flat billed caps. God, I hate flat billed caps.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My only two day hangover was when I was 17 and Southern Comfort was the culprit. I've only recently been able to start drinking it again. Of course, most of my friends drank more in high school than college due to STS (small town syndrome)

2 huge omissions from the list:

21) Your metabolism goes to s$&t right around 30. You can still wolf down an extra large pizza at Pizza Pit by yourself, but be prepared to have to do something besides a "drinking marathon" to get rid of it.

22) Your alcohol purchases change from quantity to quality

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron