'22 QB Rocco Becht Commits

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
No I just think it's really stupid and trivial that people always want to complain that people won't stick specifically to the exact thread topic.
I love Aclone, YMMV. He was respectful and the topic deserves its own thread. It's no big deal if some people have a little more 'order' than I do. What would the world be like if we were all the same?

Reactions: ajspatio19

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Back on topic... I'm talking with Rocco next week.
What should I ask him? (Note: I am not asking any questions about his dad or anything WAY off topic)
'How tall will you be as a freshman?"

I'll let myself out. Good night all. :)

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Nicco has some pretty nice offers, he must be pretty good. EDIT: He has a lot of great offers. Sorry I trust recruiters eyes over yours.

Oh absolutely I agree with you. I don’t have the hubris to think I know more than all those coaches. I am just saying from a completely subjective outlook that when I saw him I was underwhelmed from the high expectations I had based on offers. Keene, the QB we offered late who went to UCF, looked better on the field the game they played each other. Marichol checked way more boxes physically that college coaches are looking for though.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Oh absolutely I agree with you. I don’t have the hubris to think I know more than all those coaches. I am just saying from a completely subjective outlook that when I saw him I was underwhelmed from the high expectations I had based on offers. Keene, the QB we offered late who went to UCF, looked better on the field the game they played each other. Marichol checked way more boxes physically that college coaches are looking for though.
I really wanted Keene last year after Wright and went to Texas. Seemed like a kid that would have everyone on him if he were three inches taller.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
We've been making comparisons with Purdy and Drew Brees - who does he think is a fair comparison?
Is he sensitive about his height?
What's one of his favorite plays that he's made? walk through why it stands out as something he's proud of...

For the record, I'm of the opinion that height isn't nearly as important as "can he play". The obvious answer is that he can definitely play.
Especially in college, as another poster alluded to also. It was interesting, yesterday when I was watching some clips on Rocco, and the one that reminded me of Aaron Rodgers. I looked Aaron up, He's only 6-2! I thought he was like 6-4, 6-5.

He's also done pretty fair and not that tall!

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Someone tell me we'll be fine without signing 4 stars in this class. I realize that stars and rankings aren't everything but you'd think with the success we've been having and just had last season, we could be landing more higher caliber recruits. I'm probably just overreacting but I feel like we could be doing more.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Someone tell me we'll be fine without signing 4 stars in this class. I realize that stars and rankings aren't everything but you'd think with the success we've been having and just had last season, we could be landing more higher caliber recruits. I'm probably just overreacting but I feel like we could be doing more.

We won't be fine. What has CMC done to make you feel good about winning with 3* athletes and recruiting classes rated in the 40s-50s?

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
We won't be fine. What has CMC done to make you feel good about winning with 3* athletes and recruiting classes rated in the 40s-50s?
all I'm saying is it would be better if we could get higher level recruits...I trust the development that Cambpell and co. do with our players...but if we constantly want to be contenders in the Big 12, we need our talent level to get a little bit higher imo

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Remember when the majority of posters wanted Jaxon Dailey…

how bout now?
I actually wanted Drew Allar. Dailey never impressed me.

Either way, I’m quite satisfied now.
Allar was a pipe dream the entire time. It was only a matter of time till the big boys came calling.
If this thread is remembered in about 4-5 years, it would be interesting to compare careers of some of these guys, and the QB's signed by WV also.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
all I'm saying is it would be better if we could get higher level recruits...I trust the development that Cambpell and co. do with our players...but if we constantly want to be contenders in the Big 12, we need our talent level to get a little bit higher imo

I understand, didn't mean to be snarky, (ok maybe I did :) )

I don't think there is any question the quality of recruits is trending up though. I think CMC will always target more of the under the radar guys as we have a better chance of getting them Additionally, this year is still wacky because of COVID. Will be a smaller class and will be harder to evaluate the talent. Consider there is a good backlog of talent on the team already, I think you are just seeing CMC be really patient.

My advice is "Drink the Beer" which is code for Trust the Process but tastes better.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
@cyclone4L ,
While listening to your podcast with Rocco, I was wondering if you could maybe create a new Thread about ISU future QB's after Brock? Include Hunter, Rocco of course, Aiden Bauman, others if you want.

And in this thread I would love to see some vid clips of all of them again. In this thread we are seeing clips of Rocco, but it would be really nice to see clips of Hunter and Aiden also! I am sure they have been on CF before but I can't remember them. Of course I could look them up but still, a dedicated new thread would be really cool.

Reactions: ajspatio19

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

This will be fun!

Rocco is the f**king man!
Podcast up tonight.
The first play on this clip here reminds me of Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes or Drew Brees. I know not too much praise there, but just how he moved around in pocket, avoided trouble, brought the extra time. Then the long dime! Impressive.
I can tell you are enthused about Rocco and his potential. I completely agree with your take on his Junior Tape highlight reel, the first clip! I had also commented on that exact play (above) and how it reminded me of Rodgers or Mahomes. I'd forgot about Russell Wilson! Yes and him too. And Rocco himself said how he is trying to emulate Wilson and Mahomes. Pretty big aspirations! I hope he can get there or even close.

He seems like a great and well spoken dude, a leader, especially for only being a Senior to be in High School. When he gets here, there will be great QB competition as the two 'lefties' in waiting are no slouches either!

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Better recruits would be better.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019
It's fun to read the excitement about a new QB recruit. It really is. But the immediate future of ISU's QB is already at ISU. Bocco, is that his name? He seems to be a nice little guy athlete, but he will be waiting his turn after those already on campus. Seriously, slap that boner.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I understand, didn't mean to be snarky, (ok maybe I did :) )

I don't think there is any question the quality of recruits is trending up though. I think CMC will always target more of the under the radar guys as we have a better chance of getting them Additionally, this year is still wacky because of COVID. Will be a smaller class and will be harder to evaluate the talent. Consider there is a good backlog of talent on the team already, I think you are just seeing CMC be really patient.

My advice is "Drink the Beer" which is code for Trust the Process but tastes better.
Ha Ha. I will down some suds! Which is code for drink the beer!

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Quick tangent.

Arizona... 2 power 5 teams... Phoenix produces some quality recruits...

Between the two schools, they have 1 commitment in the top 15 of their own state. Ouch.
That’s the pac 12 for ya. All their games are an afterthought

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's fun to read the excitement about a new QB recruit. It really is. But the immediate future of ISU's QB is already at ISU. Bocco, is that his name? He seems to be a nice little guy athlete, but he will be waiting his turn after those already on campus. Seriously, slap that boner.
We don’t know that our next great quarterback is on campus.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone