2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
SC found the upper hand that quarter after settling into their offense. The size mismatch is a problem for IA.

That being said, they need to have a good 3rd quarter as well. If it's close late all bets are off.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I also said they are getting hammered at the rim and there are no calls. CC is getting breaks, the rest of the team is not.

And traveling is absurdly broken in the women’s game. No one benefits from that because no one knows what one is or isn’t.

I’m an nba fan so maybe that affects it but half of Audi’s travels looked absolutely nothing like a travel to me. Then today Cardoso gets three or four obvious steps on several made baskets. Is it reffed different for freshmen bigs or something?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
SC can just rebound over Iowa in spite of being boxed out. Seems like all of the bounces in the Final Four come off the rim and board really hard and long.

They're taller, and women can't really jump so it shouldn't be difficult to just reach over them.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I’m an nba fan so maybe that affects it but half of Audi’s travels looked absolutely nothing like a travel to me. Then today Cardoso gets three or four obvious steps on several made baskets. Is it reffed different for freshmen bigs or something?

It’s reffed different within the same game. It’s just crazy what’s called and not called. I legitimately have no idea what a travel is in the women’s game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

LOL. There is no traveling in the NBA. A star can do a layup with one dribble from the top of the key with a stutter step, euro step and a shuffle and not get called.

• Haha
Reactions: jctisu

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
CC whining to the ref and not getting back on defense (which happens all the time)... SC gets a layup.

These are the things that make her not the best women's basketball player. Best offensive player ever... yes.... but not best player. There's others that are better all around players.

It’s hard to determine the best WBB player ever, due to anyone over 6-2 with skill can dominate wbb.

It’s hard to argue against someone dominate like she has and take a team of nobodies to a NCG twice. Unless of course you can’t remove your cardinal colored glasses, then I could see how you would refuse to consider it.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I mean it’s different officials altogether so

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It’s reffed different within the same game. It’s just crazy what’s called and not called. I legitimately have no idea what a travel is in the women’s game.

They're letting both teams get by with a few extra steps here and there... I'm okay with that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It’s hard to determine the best WBB player ever, due to anyone over 6-2 with skill can dominate wbb.

It’s hard to argue against someone dominate like she has and take a team of nobodies to a NCG twice. Unless of course you can’t remove your cardinal colored glasses, then I could see how you would refuse to consider it.

It definitely is not hard to argue that CC is only good on one end of the court... that is fact.

Reactions: WartburgClone

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Man, without that hot start and help from the refs, this would be a repeat of last year.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Or SC getting called for fouling Clark when Clark is forearm shivering the defender. Or Marshall yelling at the ref and pointing during play and not getting t'd up. Than you see Iowa players getting nailed on inside shots with no call. Women's refs are freaking terrible.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I mean it’s different officials altogether so

Seemed like it was all season with Audi and the travels, as a new-ish fan I assume they just call the bigs with super tight travels in wbb…then I turn on the championship game and the biggest player I’ve ever seen is scoring with 3-4 steps.

So what is/was it? Just bad refs today? Freshman dont get calls? Bad luck?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Seemed like it was all season with Audi and the travels, as a new-ish fan I assume they just call the bigs with super tight travels in wbb…then I turn on the championship game and the biggest player I’ve ever seen is scoring with 3-4 steps.

So what is/was it? Just bad refs today? Freshman dont get calls? Bad luck?
Guy tells us 50 times that he’s an nba fan and doesn’t understand the concept of some players getting more beneficial calls.

• Haha
Reactions: BoxsterCy