2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Seemed like it was all season with Audi and the travels, as a new-ish fan I assume they just call the bigs with super tight travels in wbb…then I turn on the championship game and the biggest player I’ve ever seen is scoring with 3-4 steps.

So what is/was it? Just bad refs today? Freshman dont get calls? Bad luck?

As I said.. they're allowing both teams to travel some today... I'm okay with that as long as it's both ways.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
Or SC getting called for fouling Clark when Clark is forearm shivering the defender. Or Marshall yelling at the ref and pointing during play and not getting t'd up. Than you see Iowa players getting nailed on inside shots with no call. Women's refs are freaking terrible.
Marshall doesn't do that. She is super classy and America's sweetheart. I can't believe you can't see that. So easy to root for.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
It definitely is not hard to argue that CC is only good on one end of the court... that is fact.

Yes I can agree she is bad on defense. But offense, only good? Listen, I don’t like the hawks, but I can appreciate greatness when I see it. I think at the very least you have to admit she is the best offensive player ever in WBB to this point. Will someone come up and pass her? Maybe, and possibly even within 3 years.

And that offense makes up for a multitude of deficiencies on the defensive end.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I’m an nba fan so maybe that affects it but half of Audi’s travels looked absolutely nothing like a travel to me. Then today Cardoso gets three or four obvious steps on several made baskets. Is it reffed different for freshmen bigs or something?
The travel calls on Audi in the Big 12 tournament, and the Stanford game - I haven’t been that mad at basketball officials since the Niang bullsh*t blocking foul against Kansas. They were consistently blatantly incorrect collects. And they had no f***ing shame - just kept calling it, basically as soon as she had the ball. Very unfair to Audi, disheartening to watch.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'd love to talk Stuelke into transferring to ISU. Imagine her as our 4 with Crooks as the 5 and Brown at the 3.

I'd love to have any of the Iowa women's players transfer to ISU... except for CC and probably Marshall... I wouldn't want all that whining on the ISU WBB team.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The travel calls on Audi in the Big 12 tournament, and the Stanford game - I haven’t been that mad at basketball officials since the Niang bullsh*t blocking foul against Kansas. They were consistently blatantly incorrect collects. And they had no f***ing shame - just kept calling it, basically as soon as she had the ball. Very unfair to Audi, disheartening to watch.

Good to know I’m not crazy imagining this.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Seemed like it was all season with Audi and the travels, as a new-ish fan I assume they just call the bigs with super tight travels in wbb…then I turn on the championship game and the biggest player I’ve ever seen is scoring with 3-4 steps.

So what is/was it? Just bad refs today? Freshman dont get calls? Bad luck?
I didn’t watch SC all season so no idea if she’s usually called for travels or not, it’s the championship game so I’m not sure what happens here applies.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yes I can agree she is bad on defense. But offense, only good? Listen, I don’t like the hawks, but I can appreciate greatness when I see it. I think at the very least you have to admit she is the best offensive player ever in WBB to this point. Will someone come up and pass her? Maybe, and possibly even within 3 years.

So yeah. Offense only good.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Go back and read my post. I said she's the best offensive player ever. And I've said that repeatedly throughout this thread.

But it does NOT make her the best player.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That’s why she is not the greatest player. I have seen too many times where she didn’t even attempt to get back. Most selfish player I have ever seen.

Conversely since her fans constantly want to compare her to Pistol Pete…that’s part of why MJ is GOAT. There was no saving energy on D, he has a massive career playoff scoring average lead while playing all world defense. When LeBron was at his most dominant he was also chasing down freak athletes like DRose on defense.

I don’t think CC is a selfish player on offense but she’s not sold in on defense pretty clearly. Every player for SC today is putting in more energy on defense.

I haven’t watched a lot of Breanna Stewart, is she a lock down defender? For a debate you could definitely bring that up.