2023-2024 Line Up

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I don’t know the extent of the injury but if Hagerty had to get his shoulder worked on, that’d basically eliminate him for the 23-24 season.

It seemed pretty bad at state wrestling.
I believe he already got it repaired.. someone can confirm. Spend the next 1.5 years recovering, getting strength and mobility back, and getting better on the mat. Be ready as a RS FR!

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I don't think Casey will have too much trouble putting on enough size for 157.

If he is healthy, I think he should go next year. If he is hampered, then RS.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I know the weight cut was a real thing last year, his dad said as much. And when he won state he was wrestling up to get the best competition possible. He also wrestled Mendez in the super match who we knew was smaller and ended up going 133. I think the best is yet to come for Casey when he settles in and just works on top/bottom rather than cutting so much. If he gets big and strong and works his top bottom development, watch out. He will pick his weight at 149 or 157, which leaves us another roster battle of studs. Hopefully it works itself out.
Agree. The NCAA season is an incredible grind, especially for a true freshman. If you’re sucking a lot of weight it gets significantly harder.

If Casey is healthy and not worried about cutting a ton of weight, watch out.

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
I've convinced myself once again. Terukina beats Ayala. Ramazon beats teske. Woods over Redding a decision. Paniro beats Rathjen. KRAISSER/EUTON/SWIDERSKI COMES UP BIG vs Siebrecht. Carr over Kennedy. FULL SIZED GAITAN BEATS BRANDS. Assad over Broderson. BARTELT, THE TRUE FRESHMAN, BEATS GLAZER. THEN BASTIDA FINISHES IT OFF VS CASSIOPPI. Caps are early season upsets. I'm all in 8-2 Cyclones

Reactions: stuclone

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
I've convinced myself once again. Terukina beats Ayala. Ramazon beats teske. Woods over Redding a decision. Paniro beats Rathjen. KRAISSER/EUTON/SWIDERSKI COMES UP BIG vs Siebrecht. Carr over Kennedy. FULL SIZED GAITAN BEATS BRANDS. Assad over Broderson. BARTELT, THE TRUE FRESHMAN, BEATS GLAZER. THEN BASTIDA FINISHES IT OFF VS CASSIOPPI. Caps are early season upsets. I'm all in 8-2 Cyclones
Terukina/Cabanban/Fuessley

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Too bad Bartelt will be in HS and Bastida will not be going heavyweight. Also, leaving some probable IA starters out of the lineup.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Have you been drinking?

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Any best guesses at the lineup now with portal szn making its way?

Grice the only addition (portal), Robinson the only loss thus far.
My guess as of today

125 Perryman
133 Attasuav
141 Redding
149 Paniro Johnson
157 Swiderski
165 Carr
174 Gaitan
184 Broderson
197 Yonger
Hwt Schon

I don’t think 33/41 is decided, Redding has looked much better at 133 than 141.

I am assuming Casey will be healthy in time to get a good preseason training in, if he isn’t than Kraisser @ 157.

I am guessing we will see where Tate Naak is at, maybe he will go right away at 184 if they feel he is ready which i don’t think is out of the realm of possibility

Don’t really have other options at Hwt unless Bastida goes up, if that is the case then I don’t know who would man 197.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
My guess as of today

125 Perryman
133 Attasuav
141 Redding
149 Paniro Johnson
157 Swiderski
165 Carr
174 Gaitan
184 Broderson
197 Yonger
Hwt Schon

I don’t think 33/41 is decided, Redding has looked much better at 133 than 141.

I am assuming Casey will be healthy in time to get a good preseason training in, if he isn’t than Kraisser @ 157.

I am guessing we will see where Tate Naak is at, maybe he will go right away at 184 if they feel he is ready which i don’t think is out of the realm of possibility

Don’t really have other options at Hwt unless Bastida goes up, if that is the case then I don’t know who would man 197.
I like this guess, but as if this moment, I’d have Kraisser at 157 instead of Casey. If the future has Casey at 157, I’d like to see him redshirt to grow into that. Not only physically…as some will say it’s not a huge leap for him…but to get a feel for that weight at the D1 level.

Naak should redshirt. Period. If we don’t redshirt him, I’ll have serious questions. Don’t get me wrong…Naak is a stud and he will be a huge part of this team in the future, but we need to avoid putting true freshmen in the lineup at all costs. Unless they are sure fire AA’s that true freshmen year, redshirt, redshirt, redshirt.

HWT is a big concern for me, personally. I’m hoping people close to the program can put my mind at ease there at some point.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I like this guess, but as if this moment, I’d have Kraisser at 157 instead of Casey. If the future has Casey at 157, I’d like to see him redshirt to grow into that. Not only physically…as some will say it’s not a huge leap for him…but to get a feel for that weight at the D1 level.

Naak should redshirt. Period. If we don’t redshirt him, I’ll have serious questions. Don’t get me wrong…Naak is a stud and he will be a huge part of this team in the future, but we need to avoid putting true freshmen in the lineup at all costs. Unless they are sure fire AA’s that true freshmen year, redshirt, redshirt, redshirt.

HWT is a big concern for me, personally. I’m hoping people close to the program can put my mind at ease there at some point.
I used to think that way regarding true freshmen, but I don't think that is necessarily the rule anymore with how good kids are coming out of hs. I think we've seen that in the 4th and 5th years of college, often these guys bodies are breaking down, and the best time to get it done was earlier in their career when they have their health. If you preserve the RS, then they can use it any point when an injury pops up and you don't have a true wasted year.

I still agree he should RS if the staff feels he is not ready, just don't think it is a hard and fast rule like it used to be. Nice thing is that with the 5 competition dates rule, you can get a better feel for where a guy is at. That was a very positive change that was made.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I used to think that way regarding true freshmen, but I don't think that is necessarily the rule anymore with how good kids are coming out of hs. I think we've seen that in the 4th and 5th years of college, often these guys bodies are breaking down, and the best time to get it done was earlier in their career when they have their health. If you preserve the RS, then they can use it any point when an injury pops up and you don't have a true wasted year.

I still agree he should RS if the staff feels he is not ready, just don't think it is a hard and fast rule like it used to be. Nice thing is that with the 5 competition dates rule, you can get a better feel for where a guy is at. That was a very positive change that was made.
Agree about the 5 dates rule. That is a good rule, especially considering open tournaments are down.

Casey is a prime example of why I’m still on the redshirt true freshmen boat. He was considered a blue chip of blue chip guy. I think he has a mountain of potential, but he clearly wasn’t ready to be full go. IMO, of course.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Agree about the 5 dates rule. That is a good rule, especially considering open tournaments are down.

Casey is a prime example of why I’m still on the redshirt true freshmen boat. He was considered a blue chip of blue chip guy. I think he has a mountain of potential, but he clearly wasn’t ready to be full go. IMO, of course.
He qualified for NCAA, went 3-2, and beat several top 20 guys this year. He was ready to go. Did he struggle at times, sure, but if you make R12 at NCAAs you’re ready.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron