2023-2024 Line Up

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
They admit they broke rules. What I read from Nelson, he is handling this better than I would be. This sucks for everybody.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008

Iowa wrestler Nelson Brands denied appeal in gambling probe, says career has ended​

Yeah, they broke the rules, but I do have a bit of 'punishment should fit the crime' sympathy for Nelson. I don't know the details of his case (betting on own U/team, etc.), but dude got limited to 3 years (I think, no redshirt) and a couple of those were bouncing around weights due to Kem and others being there for 7.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Yeah, they broke the rules, but I do have a bit of 'punishment should fit the crime' sympathy for Nelson. I don't know the details of his case (betting on own U/team, etc.), but dude got limited to 3 years (I think, no redshirt) and a couple of those were bouncing around weights due to Kem and others being there for 7.
Agreed. We’ve got politicians lying, stealing, embezzling, insider trading; ncaa governance isn’t much better. But yeah, let’s steal eligibility from these kids to “hold them accountable”. I’m all for holding kids accountable and doing the right thing, but this gambling stuff is just an absolute joke. They advertise for it every 2 seconds on TV and make it as easily accessible as possible along with nonstop promotions and “free money”. I’ve always thought there is no place for it around athletes to avoid temptation and they used to be able to distance themselves from it - but man they are persistent with temptation now. Athletes already have an addictive personality and you mix the accessibility of gambling now - this is a problem in all states, not just Iowa. What’s the solution? Punishing these kids alone isn’t it. It’s a slippery slope to prevent any more corruption in sports and keep the integrity intact

cywr89

May 14, 2009
He RS. This would have been his 6th year.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
As you pointed out
its everywhere coupled with the promise of free $ and the ease in which you can place bets
this is just the tip of the iceberg- it is so widespread. yes, problem in all states at all levels.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron