***2022 PGA Tour Thread***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Interesting. Poulter and Westwood's best days are in the rear view mirror, but Na is a good get and Dechambeau is huge. All four have personality. Will be interesting to see if the PGA sticks to their word about lifetime bans if this flops in a year or two.

Doubt they go with a lifetime ban. My guess the PGA would face some lawsuits if they restrict a players ability to earn. I think most events still have weekly qualifying events.

Poulter & Westwood are a couple years from joining the Champions (aka Over 50) Tour. For guys like Na & Dechambeau, the PGA would probably make them requalify through the Korn Ferry Tour to be full-time members.

Edit- I would expect USGA and R&A events might be more open to allowing them to play.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Didn't Bryson just say a few weeks ago that he was sticking with the PGA Tour? If he is leaving for the Saudi league he looks like a huge liar on top of everything else.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Byson is not a loss to me.

For being such a smart guy, Bryson sure is stupid.

I wonder if this is an indication that Bryson knows his body can’t hold up anymore and compete against the best players in the world on the PGA Tour, so why not go make a bunch of money playing against washed up guys like Westwood, Poulter, and Bubba?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Interesting. Poulter and Westwood's best days are in the rear view mirror, but Na is a good get and Dechambeau is huge. All four have personality. Will be interesting to see if the PGA sticks to their word about lifetime bans if this flops in a year or two.

Someone on Twitter mentioned it isn't so much who is going as it is the fact people are going. I'd imagine watching Bubba Watson take home a 4 million dollar payday will be enough for better players to reconsider their stance. It will also allow them the ability to challenge the lifetime PGA ban in court.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Someone on Twitter mentioned it isn't so much who is going as it is the fact people are going. I'd imagine watching Bubba Watson take home a 4 million dollar payday will be enough for better players to reconsider their stance. It will also allow them the ability to challenge the lifetime PGA ban in court.
"Independent contractors" will challenge any ban at all.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The ESPN 30 for 30 doc on Greg Norman "Shark" is a good watch if you want to catch a replay of it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I've said it all along, if they can get Robert Garrigus they've got a chance to succeed.

Related question: Who is Robert Garrigus?
Nondescript tour pro playing events with a past winner exemption from 2012.

The kind of guy who should go running to this thing.