Good words on ISU fan base

• Thread starter Deleted member 8507
  • Start date

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The guy doesn't want to risk his reputation with K-State fans, but he sticks to his point because of the facts. Good journalism, that's what that is.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The odd thing to me is that K-State has had a great reputation for fans following the Wildcats to Bowl Games too. Not sure why they are getting the short end of this reputation stick NOW. Either way, the Liberty vs. Navy is a good draw too. I would have been okay with that also for Iowa State. So, win-win for both schools. Let's Go State!

• Disagree
Reactions: Lineup

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
The odd thing to me is that K-State has had a great reputation for fans following the Wildcats to Bowl Games too. Not sure why they are getting the short end of this reputation stick NOW. Either way, the Liberty vs. Navy is a good draw too. I would have been okay with that also for Iowa State. So, win-win for both schools. Let's Go State!

Their "reputation as traveling fans" is heavily skewed by their travel to the Sugar Bowl they made. Could you imagine the following we'd have in a New Years 6 bowl? We'd blow them out of the water

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I was going to drive to the Liberty Bowl but not it was Navy.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Their "reputation as traveling fans" is heavily skewed by their travel to the Sugar Bowl they made. Could you imagine the following we'd have in a New Years 6 bowl? We'd blow them out of the water
More than the Sugar Bowl. They Bowled often in the first Bill Snyder Era and always took fans to their Bowl Games in California, Arizona, Texas, etc. K-State has had a Bowl traveling fan base for the past 25 years or so. Not saying they are better at it, just getting a bad evaluation at this time IMO.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I was going to drive to the Liberty Bowl but not it was Navy.
I was the opposite, as I liked Navy as an opponent. I definitely know I am in the minority on that! Navy sure looked good today, and K-State will have their hands full trying to stop Malcolm Perry instead of ISU.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
More than the Sugar Bowl. They Bowled often in the first Bill Snyder Era and always took fans to their Bowl Games in California, Arizona, Texas, etc. K-State has had a Bowl traveling fan base for the past 25 years or so. Not saying they are better at it, just getting a bad evaluation at this time IMO.

The true traveling fan base was selected in the Camping World Bowl, and for good reason. We earned this, I have no sympathy for K State

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Their last bowl in Phoenix vs UCLA had attendance of like 31k. I'm sure KSU had a lions share of that but ISUs last bowl showing was better.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not odd to me at all. Especially since the element that he doesn’t mention is that K-State doesn’t have a Brock Purdy.

Or a Breece Hall, for that matter. As he said, TV ratings matter, and both flair and star power help with that.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Appreciate all of the responses! No friend of K-State here, just found some of the reasoning (about K-State) curious!

As for Iowa State, I love the fact that the Cyclone Fans have the travelling reputation they have. I will not be able to make the CWB this year (ironically pre-planned to be in Orlando for the Citrus Bowl), but I have previously seen ISU play in the 1978 Hall of Fame Classic @ Legion Field, 2001 Independence Bowl, 2012 Liberty Bowl and 2017 Liberty Bowl.

Plus, I am super excited to see what Purdy, Hall, Kolar, Jones and Co. can do against ND! I hope that Cyclone Nation will fill up Orlando and the CWB with Cardinal and Gold and put on a good show. Will be super tough though, as I am not taking the Irish for granted. Punching up has its merits, but it doesn't mean much without the "W".

Just "W"in Cyclones!

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFan4

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron