Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Looks like the 4 year run for the Big 12 on winning, having the top team (Kansas, Covid-2020), or being in the championship game (2019) ended - unless we invite San Diego State and claim them as ours if they win this year.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Looks like the 4 year run for the Big 12 on winning, having the top team (Kansas, Covid-2020), or being in the championship game (2019) ended - unless we invite San Diego State and claim them as ours if they win this year.

Let's go full UCF and just claim a fake national championship

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It’s always hilarious to me when some team or school has a good season and media and their zombie followers are like: “Gotta add them to the conference NOW FOR SURE! THIS bowl game/tournament run/big upset is THE thing. Ignore everything else.”

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
It’s always hilarious to me when some team or school has a good season and media and their zombie followers are like: “Gotta add them to the conference NOW FOR SURE! THIS bowl game/tournament run/big upset is THE thing. Ignore everything else.”
You mean like Wilner? It is behind a paywall, but the title says it all.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
You mean like Wilner? It is behind a paywall, but the title says it all.

It's even funnier because most of the Pac 12 mob has been saying basketball doesn't move the needle. What I guess they meant was basketball doesn't matter when we're talking about Kansas, Baylor, etc. It DOES matter when we're talking about adding San Diego State. Because that makes sense.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

How do you feel about 5 titles in 25 years?

Crazy that UConn could do that

Reactions: agentbear

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Some major cope today in the “Locked On: PAC 12” podcast. The hot new cope is Apple is going to overpay because.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Not sure there's any real news here but it surprises me how expansive the Arizona president's comments are. Can't say he isn't being transparent about his thought process if they end up leaving.

His interviews have seemed like point/counterpoint. In one breath Arizona is Pac12 for life and the next minute he talks how Arizona basketball would be a great fit for the Big12:)

I think he knows Arizona has options. If GK can come up with a Pac12 media Arizona can live with Awesome. If GK can't, he's got Yormark on speed dial.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Not sure there's any real news here but it surprises me how expansive the Arizona president's comments are. Can't say he isn't being transparent about his thought process if they end up leaving.

This is a wildly bad opinion.....they are competing with everybody else. NBA, WWE, and any other entertainment out there.

"I don't feel the angst of everyone else in the world. Maybe it's because I'm too dumb to realize," Robbins added. "We've got a deal for another 15 months. We're the only ones out there. It's not like were competing with anybody else"

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

“The Pac-12 hasn’t won a national championship in football or men’s basketball since 2004, and that was USC. The Big 12 had a team in the College Football Playoff final in January, and boasts the past two winners of men’s March Madness. They can at least provide a few notable accomplishments whereas the Pac-12 just gets to tell you how good Utah is.”

Drag the lake the body is there somewhere lol.